Best way to repair a 3rd Gen. iPod Nano?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Older sister, got a iTouch and is giving me her iPod Nano 3rd Generation. The Backlight of the screen broke after it went through the laundry.

So now I am wondering what I should do now...

- Does Apple repair these broken screens?
- Can I repair it easily?
- Is there a trustworthy site to repair it on in Canada?
- Does anyone repair it in Canada?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Oh and also... YallStore has the parts I need if I was to repair the iPod. What is their current reputation? GBAtemp has the affilated, but just isn't enough to be sure.

I read reviews on how they give you the wrong part, or processing takes forever. Is it true?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Screw YallStore...

They overprice the shipping >_<

Anyone know where to get LCD Screens for an iPod Nano 3rd Generation? I will pay maximum $50CAD with Shipping,Handling and Taxes. So anyone know any sites? (And shipping has to be to Canada)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Nothing. I checked DealExtreme before. I think I might just not repair it. I am planning on buying a Creative Zen instead... Is it any good? Does anyone have one and does it work well? If I was to watch videos, is the quality good and stuff?

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Splych said:
Nothing. I checked DealExtreme before. I think I might just not repair it. I am planning on buying a Creative Zen instead... Is it any good? Does anyone have one and does it work well? If I was to watch videos, is the quality good and stuff?
DON'T BUY A DAMN CREATIVE PRODUCT. Just don't do it. Creative Zen was a so-so product, but the lack of firmwares really kill the player. Creative, the company, is obviously about to die and anyone who says otherwise can't seem to notice the obvious. Buying a creative product is very UNCREATIVE at the times.

As for recommendation, if you want to watch videos, I'd rather avoid Creative products, and Sandisk products. (Videos aren't very good on sandisk products...)
If you can buy online, a Cowon D2 seems pretty good about now. Shouldn't be too expensive, has a sdhc slot for additional storage, and has a huge 52 hour battery life.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I went to a garage sell last saturday, and the lady had a PS2 for sale, but she had a sign on it...