• Total voters

uthoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Complete noob here, here is my problem:

I softmodded my Wii a couple of years ago (I think it’s a 4.1) using the India Jones method and lately my installed games freeze at a black screen whenever the game loads. I can boot up and play a game via USB Loader GX but when the game loads to a new area the game will simply freeze. Deleting the game from my HDD and re-ripping solves the problem but Im assuming it is time to update my mods?

BUT, I do not understand how this modwii program fits in. Do I have to softmod my wii from scratch (un-softmod my wii) or simply use this program to update my softmod.

I hope this makes sense…as previously stated; I am a noob so I do not know the correct terms to use to accurately explain my situation

Thanks for any help

DeadlyFoez

XFlak Fanboy
Banned
Trophies
Website
DeadlyFoez.zzl.org
XP
Country
United States
IDK wtf this modwii app that you speak of is, but this thread is about ModMii, so lets keep on topic.

The issue with the game most likely was not due to the softmod, but related to the data on hdd somehow becoming corrupted, maybe from when you have plugged it into your windows pc, but you never know.

You can use ModMii. Just run the wizard and tell it that your wii is a virgin and follow all the steps in the generated guide. You do not need to, and also should not attempt, to unsoftmod or virginize your wii ever.

uthoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IDK wtf this modwii app that you speak of is, but this thread is about ModMii, so lets keep on topic.

The issue with the game most likely was not due to the softmod, but related to the data on hdd somehow becoming corrupted, maybe from when you have plugged it into your windows pc, but you never know.

You can use ModMii. Just run the wizard and tell it that your wii is a virgin and follow all the steps in the generated guide. You do not need to, and also should not attempt, to unsoftmod or virginize your wii ever.

Any point in re-modding my Wii if the issue is corrupt game data on my HDD? It took me forever to tweak my system to get games to work (Monster Hunter, Metroid Trilogy, etc).

Also, will ModMii install updated USB Loaders?

uthoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ModMii is doing its thing now

Question: updated/installing USB Loader GX is not an option? The only option available was WiiFlow and Configurable USB Loader

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak, do you have a link to something that will tell me where to start to accomplish this?

thanks

edit, also, once it is softmodded again, do I have to keep the SD card in there? If I have to, can I just swap it out with any other SD card that is the same format and size.

uthoria

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wii goes to the BootMii menu at launch....what do I do to stop it. I am assuming there is a file I have to move form the SD card?

dreameaterlol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do I have to keep an SD card in the Wii when playing games?

Does it have to have all the original ModMii files on it?

Or can it be a blank SD card?

thanks. I think that's my last question.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
depends where your usb-loader app is saved\being run from. If it's running from a fat32 HDD then u don't need an sd card, if it's running from the sd card, u need the SD card inserted in the Wii. This info was displayed on-screen and you were asked where to save the usb-loader files (sd vs. usb).

almost everything u can do with an sd card, u can do with a fat32 hdd instead (with the exception of the initial exploit to mod a wii for the first time)

If you want to free up some space on your sd card, u can use ModMii's file cleanup feature.

jokerwho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I solved my problem: I've done the mod with my wiimote classic and, with the proper version of CFG Loader (v70 MOD R36) my niece can now use her wiimote plus without problems!
Thanks!!!

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Hi, I am doing a virgin... so to speak.. I have run the wizard, prepared and printed my guide, copied sd to sd, copied usb to usb, ...
but there are also other files: Program Files . Support . temp . modmii . modmiiskin

where do I copy these? or do I just leave them on my PC?

I am excited to be doing this again after so long! your guides have always worked when followed correctly.
thanks in advance.

temps

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Just used modmii yesterday evening to update two WIIs. It worked perfectly and now I know they're identical. Compare this with the hell I went through when I first modded a WII about four years ago. Thank you very much for an excellent product.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrAllagrande @ MrAllagrande: this chat is public?