• No, and I won't report what went wrong because I am a troll

Votes: 63 6.2%
  • No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

loco365

Trophies
XP
I noticed something odd. After installing my HBC and whatnot, one of the WADs you included also installs that USB channel. Thing is, the Wii crashes when I use the + or - buttons to access that channel or if I am on the USB channel and I change to something else. Any reasons as to why that happens?

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@team fail did you try installing it w/o any ext.usb or gc stuff hooked up? I know this may seem unnecessary but i've experienced problems with having a ext.usb hookup when installing WAD files and I've read from other forums about unplugging your gc controllers, memory cards, etc...

Just a little something to try out.
smile.gif
I often find it easier to use crazy intro to load into my usb loaders or various games even, also for the wifey who can be sometimes computer illiterate this becomes extremely easy for her. It's not hard to setup & there are many people who could provide answers im sure of, even I may be able to help you if you decide to pm me.

@pplucky thanks for the info im going to try this out in a few
smile.gif
see how it works.

loco365

Trophies
XP
kylster said:
@team fail did you try installing it w/o any ext.usb or gc stuff hooked up? I know this may seem unnecessary but i've experienced problems with having a ext.usb hookup when installing WAD files and I've read from other forums about unplugging your gc controllers, memory cards, etc...

Just a little something to try out.
smile.gif
I often find it easier to use crazy intro to load into my usb loaders or various games even, also for the wifey who can be sometimes computer illiterate this becomes extremely easy for her. It's not hard to setup & there are many people who could provide answers im sure of, even I may be able to help you if you decide to pm me.

@pplucky thanks for the info im going to try this out in a few
smile.gif
see how it works.
No. The USB Channel came with the installation of the HBC, so I had no USB or GC things attached.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I've seen that happen with other channels, but never my usb-loader forwarder channel. For example, I know my Wii64 forwarder channel has that issue, but it doesn't bother me personally cuz I never use +/- to scroll through the channels one channel at a time.

You can try reinstalling the forwarder channel, as it could just be a fluke. But if it continues to give u problems (and u can't live with it) then just install the official cfg usb-loader channel by FIX94.

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my brother in law updated his Wii from 3.2U to 4.2U through Nintendo, can I use ModMii to downgrade from 4.2U back to 3.2U?
PS- I have a NAND backup of his Wii, can I just install that NAND backup over the Wii's current NAND?

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
Xflak you need to change this:

Introduction: What is ModMii?

ModMii, formerly known as NUS Auto-Downloader, is able to download all the files needed to modify ANY Wii (4.3U/E/J and Below & 4.2K and Below); it can generate custom guides based on your Wii's specifications, and save the files to your SD Card in their appropriate locations for easy offline softmodding.

Literally run the program once, let it download,
and you have all the files you need on your SD card to modify your Wii

To this

(4.3U/E/J/K and Below)

bnm81002 said:
my brother in law updated his Wii from 3.2U to 4.2U through Nintendo, can I use ModMii to downgrade from 4.2U back to 3.2U?
PS- I have a NAND backup of his Wii, can I just install that NAND backup over the Wii's current NAND?

Dont downgrade, you can brick your wii, resoftmod ur wii with modmii

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
@bnm81002, I recommend u do as Porobu suggested, use ModMii to rehack your Wii as if it were a virgin. But to answer your other question, you would be able to restore your 3.2 nand backup safely if you chose to do so... but best to just rehack using ModMii.

@Porobu, thanks, I'll make the change!
biggrin.gif

bnm81002

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XFlak said:
@bnm81002, I recommend u do as Porobu suggested, use ModMii to rehack your Wii as if it were a virgin. But to answer your other question, you would be able to restore your 3.2 nand backup safely if you chose to do so... but best to just rehack using ModMii.

just to be safe as it's not my Wii, there's no chance of bricking the Wii using ModMii? thanks

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a "chance" of bricking the Wii every time it's turned on...

ModMii is very safe safe though provided you follow directions.

modulo999

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I've a Wii 4.3E.
I made the first part of the upgrade with the game "Metroid Other M".
So only the first part of the 4.3E has been made. A picture with a sd card appeared on the main menu.

I've a Wii with chipset D2B, I get a Wiikey past ago, I solder the 4 wired but not the 2 power one.

So I'm with Wii chipset D2B, and the 2010 4.3E first part upgrade.
I decided after this to solder definitively the wiikey, and try the HBC.

None of my Original games were working...( The wiikey 1 might don't like the 4.3E )

I decided to unsolder my wiikey and try an other day the HBC and apps like multimedia reader.
My old games wii or gc work great.

yaywii.gif
So for now, the answer for the help with modmii is no, I contact you again if I get one of the games for soft modded exploit.

Thanks, for informations in site or forum.

mrpinkeye

Trophies
XP
Country
um, so what if the console is 4.3? do i still need a disc?

sorry if its been mentioned before...

also, does modmii include priiloader for brick portection?

brausm08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mrpinkeye said:
um, so what if the console is 4.3? do i still need a disc? ...yes, you will need a disc based exploit to run the hackmii installer on a 4.3 wii...

sorry if its been mentioned before... ...only about 10,000 times....

also, does modmii include priiloader for brick portection? yes...version 0.4

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
josho said:
Im trying to do the ModMii now.

As recommended to get is 4.1. Will there be any issue using 4.3? Any limitation tho?
There's no real advantage on going to 4.3, as ModMii will keep you in System Menu 4.1, but will update all your needed IOS (like IOS58, only present in 4.3).

Follow ModMii's recommendations and you should be fine.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
pplucky said:
josho said:

As recommended to get is 4.1. Will there be any issue using 4.3? Any limitation tho?
There's no real advantage on going to 4.3, as ModMii will keep you in System Menu 4.1, but will update all your needed IOS (like IOS58, only present in 4.3).

Thanks,
I just done that.

For instance, there's no need for me to rerun the cfg usb loader on Mod Mii if I had it updated on my Wii already, right? =)

BTW, after copy to SD, and pop in to Wii.
What's the next step I should do on my Wii set?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
josho said:
pplucky said:
josho said:

As recommended to get is 4.1. Will there be any issue using 4.3? Any limitation tho?There's no real advantage on going to 4.3, as ModMii will keep you in System Menu 4.1, but will update all your needed IOS (like IOS58, only present in 4.3).

Thanks,
I just done that.

For instance, there's no need for me to rerun the cfg usb loader on Mod Mii if I had it updated on my Wii already, right? =)
If it is already updated and working, no need to worry about it.

QUOTE(josho @ Apr 5 2011, 08:42 AM)
Please pay attention to and follow the guide that ModMii generated to you. That is the BEST and ONLY way of not risking screwing up everything.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
pplucky said:
josho said:
pplucky said:
josho said:

As recommended to get is 4.1. Will there be any issue using 4.3? Any limitation tho?There's no real advantage on going to 4.3, as ModMii will keep you in System Menu 4.1, but will update all your needed IOS (like IOS58, only present in 4.3).

Thanks,
I just done that.

If it is already updated and working, no need to worry about it.

QUOTE(josho @ Apr 5 2011, 08:42 AM)
Please pay attention to and follow the guide that ModMii generated to you. That is the BEST and ONLY way of not risking screwing up everything.

Thanks.

I will load the SD card in Wii and check it out later when back home from work.

For the loading of games, the program is "Wii backup manager" ? Will my previous games in HDD be wiped off if using this?

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
josho said:
For the loading of games, the program is "Wii backup manager" ? Will my previous games in HDD be wiped off if using this?
I also use Wii Backup Manager to manage my games! About your previous games, as long as you don't overwrite/delete them, why should they be wiped off???
The app is quite intuitive and easy to use. Try it first.

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
pplucky said:
josho said:
I also use Wii Backup Manager to manage my games! About your previous games, as long as you don't overwrite/delete them, why should they be wiped off???
The app is quite intuitive and easy to use. Try it first.

awesome!
BTW, the missing covers can be downloaded using the backup manager before transferring to the HDD, right?

It had been a long time since i last touch my Wii for upgrading! =)

appreciate !!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.