• No, and I posted what went wrong

Votes: 120 11.9%

• Total voters

davebaol

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak, can you include the VP patch in IOS236v65535(IOS36v3351[FS-ES-NP]).wad for the next ModMii release?
This difference between the wad and the installer is quite confusing.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I don't see much point to doing that... the reason why I added IOS236v65535(IOS36v3351[FS-ES-NP]).wad to the download database in the first place was because I was hoping to do away with the IOS236 Installer entirely and instead use an ahbprot enabled wad manager (ie.the unreleased yawmm 4 ModMii). The IOS236 on download page 1 would then only be required to install priiloader (and it wouldn't matter if it has the version patch). This route was not taken because of the fact that ahbprot enabled apps are susceptible to the HBC network init. error.

Anyways, currently the only reason to need a wad of cIOS236 w/ the version patch is if someone's wii has already been modified but doesn't have cIOS236 w/ the VP installed. And that person could just use the IOS236 Installer or Simple IOS Patcher to install it. So it would only affect people who's wii's are already modded, but don't already have the latest IOS236 and can't use the IOS236 Installer or SIP. And for people in that situation, they can load MMM with cIOS250 or w/e, then install a cIOS of IOS36 installed to slot 236 with all the patches (ie. same thing that is installed when using IOS236 Installer).

I wouldn't have a problem supporting cIOS236 with the version patch, but currently PatchIOS.exe (and libwiisharp.dll) by Leathl only supports the other 3 patches, so if I wanted to add the version patch I would need to diff patch the IOS the same I do wanin's and hermes' cIOSs. I can do this if there is demand for it... but I don't think it adds any value and its a pain in the butt. If Leathl (or someone else) is able to update the cmd line version of PatchIOS.exe to support the version patch, I would add it without a second thought since it would be very easy for me to do (just update patchios.exe and add "-VP" to one or 2 lines of code).

actar

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak said:
no, IOS236v65535(IOS36v3351[FS-ES-NP]).wad does not include the version patch "VP". Just use the IOS236 Installer that comes with ModMii.

Thanks very very very much.
bow.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
if ur wii is hacked before, but u r still not sure what u are doing, tell modmii your wii is a virgin even though it isn't

this will update your softmods, not necessarily your firmware. You have the option of selecting 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3. There is no benefit to being on any lower firmware anyways.

it will update all your IOSs, so u can play all the latest original discs from the disc channel. It will get ur wii prepped and ready to play backups off a hard drive. It will help u install brick protection and make a nand backup, it will also help u install system menu hacks to block updates and things like that. It will even help u install themes, or get s/uneek working. Basically, it does it all.

a cIOS is a custom IOS, when launching games from backups, u generally use a cIOS. If you haven't updated your cIOSs in awhile, u will see that ModMii's recommended cIOSs will be a lot faster than what you're used to, and are compatible with more games

josho

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
XFlak said:
if ur wii is hacked before, but u r still not sure what u are doing, tell modmii your wii is a virgin even though it isn't

this will update your softmods, not necessarily your firmware. You have the option of selecting 4.1, 4.2 or 4.3. There is no benefit to being on any lower firmware anyways.

it will update all your IOSs, so u can play all the latest original discs from the disc channel. It will get ur wii prepped and ready to play backups off a hard drive. It will help u install brick protection and make a nand backup, it will also help u install system menu hacks to block updates and things like that. It will even help u install themes, or get s/uneek working. Basically, it does it all.

a cIOS is a custom IOS, when launching games from backups, u generally use a cIOS. If you haven't updated your cIOSs in awhile, u will see that ModMii's recommended cIOSs will be a lot faster than what you're used to, and are compatible with more games

great.
Will do that tho.

Ytd, I just update the HBC and Cfg USB loader. it doesn't matter at all , right? Since both are different issue. =)
I shall get the it done tonight.

krugvoll

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@zizer, thanks for the reply - updated neogamma and ciosv21d2x. most games work now. I can load some on to the usb hd, some wont load, but will play using neogamma, and a few havent been able to play. Gonna try to re-do the discs that wont play at all. if there are any other ideas, please let me know. The only reason I wanted the disc channel is because of the younger ones ( who i am pretty sure messed it up to begin with lol ). Also a thank you to a XFlak, M1r0, Zesu-chan for your help as well.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
actar said:
davebaol said:
Be sure to use ModMii 4.5.1 and if in download page 4 you still see d2x3 type BETAON to enable d2x betas
I try to do taht, but nothig happen...
Option BETAON only appears if a folder called d2x-beta-disabled exists within modules folder inside ModMii folder.
Option BETAOFF only appears if a folder called d2x-beta exists within modules folder inside ModMii folder. But then, a file called d2x-beta.bat also needs to exist there...

With my 4.5.1 installation, these folders were not created!

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Those folders aren't officially a part of ModMii v4.5.1 (which still officially supports v3 d2x cIOSs). If you want to beta test a d2x beta cIOSs, u need to go to the d2x cIOS thread, download the latest beta, and save the "d2x-beta" folder in ModMii's "modules" folder.

detailed instructions can be found here

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +3
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    how do i know? you're a guy, and he wants to bone every guy on this site (maybe, idk)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He wants to bone anything with a dick
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Nighty night, big day tomorrow. Congrats.