• Total voters

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have a modded Wii with Bootmii as Boot2 and IOS. I tried to use ModMii to get a UNKEEK+DI going, using a 4.2 installation. I followed all the instructions, got folders to put the contents of in my SD card and my USB Hard drive. First time I boot using the ModMii created bootmii files the HD blinks weirdly, then the disk slot blinks a slow steady blink. It's not a 2 blink or 3 blink pattern or whatever, so it must be the single blink error.

Any idea? I've tried different SD cards, but not different USB Devices...

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
Hooya said:
Are the blinking lights from my disk slot normal? What if the hard drive activity light is silent/off? Wouldn't that be a bad sign?
I believe there should be some hard drive activity, are u sure u formatted your hard drive properly as FAT32?

This is more of a SNEEK related question than a ModMii question, perhaps you should ask in THIS thread instead. You will likely get the attention of a lot of SNEEK experts in that thread

Hooya

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks XFlak. I'm not home, so I can't remember for sure if there was no activity at all. I'll try again (and I did just reformat my FAT32 again, starting fresh so maybe that will help) and if I have more problems I'll go to the sneek thread.

MadMarty

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thank you very much for this great project!!
rolleyes.gif

Feedback: Please update Multi-Mod Manager download from v13.3 to v13.4

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
ModMii for Windows
Version 4.2.9 Released!

by XFlak

2drswas.jpg

4.2.9 Changelog
  • SNEEK Game Bulk Extractor was rewritten to use WIT instead of discex.
    Now supports ISO, CISO and WBFS files instead of only ISO files.
    Also reports detailed info on games such as title, size and progress indicator.
    Instead of naming game folders by their 6-digit title ID, they are now named
    in the following format: "Title [titleid]" (Maximum of 23 characters)
  • Added two more options to the USB-Loader Setup Guide (option #4 and #5):
    4) Drive is currently formatted as WBFS and I don't want to change
    5) Drive is currently partitioned as FAT32/WBFS and I don't want to change
  • Updated Multi-Mod Manager download from v13.3 to v13.4.
    AHBPROT/no_ios_reload is disabled in the meta.xml by default.
  • Updated MD5 of Accio Hacks to version 1.0.
  • Other minor Changes.

jane.doe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
it seems to stop often while downloading, restarting it and merging the folders and skipping already downloaded files fixes it but i have to do it every 4 or 5 downloads.

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
thats a known issue with nusd.exe, if its happening very frequently for u though, I would double check u have .NET Framework 3.5 (or 2.0) installed properly. Eventually I intend to replace nusd.exe with the original nus downloader once it adds cmd line support, and that should make the whole process more stable

also, instead of restarting the app, u can just run "unfreezemii.bat"

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi

This is a great app that has worked perfectly for me with 3 seperate Wii's. I have a question though. Ages ago I hacked my brothers Wii using a different guide (can't remember which one sorry). In the guide I had to downgrade the system menu from 3.4 to 3.2. Would it be safe to use ModMii to now update his system menu from 3.2 to 4.2? (I'm sure I read somewhere at the time that it was not safe to update after downgrading)

Thanks

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
GPWeaver said:
Hi

This is a great app that has worked perfectly for me with 3 seperate Wii's. I have a question though. Ages ago I hacked my brothers Wii using a different guide (can't remember which one sorry). In the guide I had to downgrade the system menu from 3.4 to 3.2. Would it be safe to use ModMii to now update his system menu from 3.2 to 4.2? (I'm sure I read somewhere at the time that it was not safe to update after downgrading)

Thanks
ModMii is 100% safe to use on ANY wii (including your brothers), just make sure to follow the instructions in your custom guide

PS.
What you read was 1 of 2 things, 1) you may lose your softmods by updating via nintendo or 2) downgrading a new Wii to 3.2 could result in brick

QUOTE(ChokeD @ Sep 29 2010, 12:31 PM) Nice Update, this program has come so far. You are a true asset to the Wii scene. Well done.
Thanks dude! And thx for all your SNEEK knowledge/help, you've seriously made building ModMii easier on me!

lekko

Trophies
XP
Country
After I use ModMii for Windows Version 4.2.9,
1. I can play game from copyright disc????
2. I can play game from non-copyright disc????

Thank you very much

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
lekko said:
After I use ModMii for Windows Version 4.2.9,
1. I can play game from copyright disc????
2. I can play game from non-copyright disc????

Thank you very much
#1 - yes
#2 - newer wii's have a different dvd drive, called d3-2, and they cannot play backup discs unless you replace the dvd drive with an older model. If your wii has one of the older dvd-drives, then yes, u will be able to play backup discs, however, in order to play backup discs (after using the ModMii Wizard) u would need to download "Neogamma" from ModMii's download page 2, and launch it via the HBC (or a forwarder channel if you can find/install one). Alternatively, you could download and install darkcorp (after using ModMii) and it will allow you to play backup discs via your disc channel, but darkcorp heavily modifies your Wii, and I would recommend trying neogamma first. I highly recommend you look into USB-Loading instead of using backup discs. Its easy to set up, just run ModMii's USB-Loader Setup Guide

Your welcome!

GPWeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for your reply. Keep up the good work, this is an excellent program and I think its great that you are constantly around answering nearly everyone's queries.

MadMarty

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
back Again after Test with 4.2.9

*) I made many Test-cases, if i set Upgrade from 3.3E to 4.1E i found out that
hacks.ini is not uptodate! Source: (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks)

Question:

*) differences of boot.elf and bootmini.elf must or should I replace it anytime ???

*) almost all WAD's are in the WAD folder, which are installed with the MMM.
But 7 WADS lie in the root folder, when and how this WAD's are installed?.
I don't found something in your guide.
(IOS36-64-v3351.wad, IOS37-64-v3612.wad, IOS37-64-v3869.wad,
IOS38-64-v3610.wad, IOS38-64-v3867.wad, IOS57-64-v5661.wad, RVL-mios-v4.wad)

*) Default after Modmii Wizzard Setup only, no bootmii folder will be created automatically.
From the guide, no matter what is installed IOS or Boot2 Version, those bootmii files must exist!
Default or not, shouldn't i create this files to get as soon as possible a dump, or should
i set AUTOBOOT=OFF in bootmii.ini?

Best regards

blink.gif

XFlak

OP
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
MadMarty said:
back Again after Test with 4.2.9

*) I made many Test-cases, if i set Upgrade from 3.3E to 4.1E i found out that
hacks.ini is not uptodate! Source: (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Preloader/hacks)

hacks.ini from ModMii is MORE up to date than wiibrew. And ModMii has 1 hacks.ini file that includes all the hacks for all supported firmwares instead of a different version for each individual firmware

Question:

*) differences of boot.elf and bootmini.elf must or should I replace it anytime ???

You only would use the bootmini.elf using bootmii to launch the new hackmii installer. You would only need to use it if u see the following paragraph in your ModMii Guide:
Code:
If using BootMii as Boot2 to install the HBC, copy the 'BootMii' folder from your previous BootMii install to the root of your SD Card (or download it using ModMii). Then boot your wii, BootMii will load, go To the SD menu, load bootmini.elf. This will load the Hackmii Installer allowing you to reinstall the HBC.
all other methods of launching the hackmii installer use its boot.elf

*) almost all WAD's are in the WAD folder, which are installed with the MMM.
But 7 WADS lie in the root folder, when and how this WAD's are installed?.
I don't found something in your guide.
(IOS36-64-v3351.wad, IOS37-64-v3612.wad, IOS37-64-v3869.wad,
IOS38-64-v3610.wad, IOS38-64-v3867.wad, IOS57-64-v5661.wad, RVL-mios-v4.wad)

IOS36-64-v3351.wad is used by IOS236 Installer. All those other files were used to build your cIOSs and cMIOS which are stored in the WAD folder. They are no longer needed once you exit ModMii (however, they can still be used by traditional cIOS installers for offline installations, but ModMii uses wads and a wad manager to install these files anyways)

*) Default after Modmii Wizzard Setup only, no bootmii folder will be created automatically.
From the guide, no matter what is installed IOS or Boot2 Version, those bootmii files must exist!
Default or not, shouldn't i create this files to get as soon as possible a dump, or should
i set AUTOBOOT=OFF in bootmii.ini?

the bootmii folder is made by the hackmii installer, there's no need to download it (although ModMii is perfectly capable of doing so). Below is a quote from the ModMii guide where the bootmii folder is made
Code:
...This runs the Hackmii Installer (and silently/automatically installs BootMii as IOS). Use the installer to install the Homebrew Channel (HBC) and Bootmii as Boot2 if possible. If you cannot install BootMii as Boot2, you also need to 'prepare an SD Card' for BootMii (as the 'BootMii' folder is required to launch BootMii as IOS or Boot2).

Best regards

blink.gif
I hope that answers all your questions!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Ah, yes, portrait mode, surely the best way to film a row of people. If only there were some way to fit a wider shot, at the expense of height... if only...
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    4k portrait mode?
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/Rx-KuevU4h4?si=1MoSvL-y5fFFHf58 Damn kinda sad for Iran +1