Best USB Loader

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by thehritzinator, Jun 6, 2010.

Jun 6, 2010

Best USB Loader by thehritzinator at 2:22 AM (3,347 Views / 0 Likes) 21 replies

1. thehritzinator
    OP

Member thehritzinator GBAtemp Regular

United States
    What is the best USB Loader available? I currently use USB Loader gx

2. transam81

Member transam81 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    cfg usb loader 57r5

3. Bowza

Banned Bowza Banned

Gabon
    The one that plays the most games [​IMG]

4. Luriden

Member Luriden GBAtemp Fan

United States

5. MrDiesel

Member MrDiesel GBAtemp Regular

Belgium
    Indeed, Configurable USB Loader has the best compatiblity, but I prefer USB Loader GX for the user interface.
    If CFG USB Loader would replace the console-like options etc. with a nice GUI, then I'll use it right away.

6. Haxxy

Newcomer Haxxy Advanced Member

United States
    Loadstructor (v1.7) puts all your USB games as channels on the System Menu, using the actual disc channel animations. I've experienced no compatibility flaws, and it looks fantastic.

7. Luriden

United States
    Great if you only have a few games on your USB that you care about, not so great if you have a full library because of the Wii's channel limit. You basically have to choose the best-of-the-best games that deserve channels. If there was a USB loader that automatically used the game's channels and had an unlimited amount of channels, I'd use it in a heartbeat. I just have too many games and find myself swapping out channels too often.

8. Taleweaver

Member Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    Hmm...I may read things wrong, but this post kinda sounds interesting. wiiflow's going to be able to launch dols and channels? It would at least be very interesting. [​IMG]

Other than that, I have to agree: usb loader gx has the better interface, but usb loader cfg gets my vote because of stability. And configurability. And being able to use forwarder iso's.

I can understand why people like channels, but I'm not one of them. It takes too long to load your games. [​IMG]

9. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Nobody is voting for NeoGamma???

If you want a loader that works, plays most games, is easy to install and looks "nice", then take configurable usb loader.

What's with the channels? They look nice, ok, but is that worth the additional time they require? My Wii directly boots to HBC, NeoGamma is the 1st option, browse to the game i want and boot it. This takes less than 30 seconds from Wii power on to healthscreen(just tried it, 26 seconds). How long does the same take with per game channels or an usb loader gx channel?

10. VashTS

Member VashTS Beat it, son

United States
    neogamma is the best for disc loading. usb loading should be pretty. its ok to be slow with usb loading. the artwork and gui is the important thing.

neogamma is the only disc loader i will use. and if i ever had to, like my friend for example, he relies on neogamma for usb loading now. hes stupid and won't plug his memory card in the pc to fix his corrupted usb loader gx. neogamma is more like a backup for me when it comes to usb loading.

11. clusten

Newcomer clusten Member

Chile
    uloader. loads every game and have a lot of interesting features like, emulation (for dlc, wiiware, vc and saves), supports BCA, ocarina, WDM.

12. antiaverage

Member antiaverage GBAtemp Fan

United States
    There is no single best loader. There are a handful of good ones and a big argument.

You have to decide which features are important to you and which loader offers the best feature-set for you.

13. Luriden

United States
    I agree, the interface is most important in USB loading.

With that said, I actually prefer Wiiflow by a longshot, but it doesn't support split dual layer ISOs on FAT32 (Smash Bros, Metroid Prime Trilogy) so CFG is what I continue to use. GX doesn't support it either last time I tried, which is odd since GX used to be the holy grail of USB loaders, and to most people, it still is.

14. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    This is a great advantage of CFG: Text mode setup == view much options in 1 screen. I hope this will never changed.

And this means: The best USB loader does not exist!

15. Wiimm

Member Wiimm Developer

Germany
    24 seconds: power on -> bootmii (wait 3 sec) -> priloader 0.29 -> cfg loader -> animal crossing

16. mayu29

Member mayu29 GBAtemp Regular

Romania
    For discs I use only NeoGamma (latest revision) and never let me down, but for usb I've chosen CFG which has a great compatibility and a high level of customization.

17. nikeymikey

Member nikeymikey Waiting for SALT to rescue the Wii U Scene!!

United Kingdom
    I put my vote in for cfg. In my experience its the easiest to use, the console view is an option, if you want Wiiflow type views they are there also. And its usually the cfg team who comes with the latest game fixes, when they are needed.

18. WiiCrazy

Member WiiCrazy Be water my friend!

Turkey
    Well with wbfs actually game channels only takes 9-10 seconds. If you put them as shortcuts into Crazy Intro or similar app you can boot into your favourite game in 15-20 seconds from complete power off to the game intro.

0:03-0:06 - Boot wii (3 sec)
    0:06-0:08 - Crazy Intro boots (2 sec)
    0:08-0:19 - (niggling)
    0:19-0:28 - Game boots (9 secs)

14 seconds from boot in to the game

19. win32rcbot

Newcomer win32rcbot Advanced Member

Sudan
    best *USB* loader for metroid prime trilogy is SNEEK+DI cause it is the ONLY one that run PERFECTLY 100% with full features (menu, level select, multiplayers select, no alt dol, no trick, no pain). It s run fast and well on a FAT32 partition so exit WBFS, the stupid & unreadable in native way filesystem.

best for interface & for user friendlyness is wiiflow...no one can beat this easy and beautiful menu

best for compatibility : CFG but hey Wiiflow does as well now...

uLoader is a bit ugly and not user frendly.
    i
    So my combo is SNEEK+DI (for MPT) AND WIIFLOW !!! Too bad that so many people didn't even try this one instead of the old CFG or GX loader...Trying WIIFLOW is adopting it for ever [​IMG] VIVE HIBERNATUS !

20. wiiboy45

Newcomer wiiboy45 Newbie

United States
    Here is a noob question... I have USB-Loader GX installed and it works good. My questions is, can I install Cfg USB Loader also? If so do I just install as normal? I dont want Cfg usb loader to try an format my drive or anything weird...