Homebrew Question Best universal emulator?

the19thbear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Ok, so while waiting for the things to arrive in the mail (RCM loader and jig), I have some questions about emulation.
I want to run at least SNES, scummvm, sega megadrive and maybe something else.
I really like the GUI of retropie, but it seems kind of overkill to install ubuntu just to be able to run retropie. Also, It's kind of annoying that you have to start up ubuntu, and use the touch screen feature to enter retropie. I play mostly from dock and dont want to that. Maybe there is a way to run retropie directly without running the actual ubuntu windows etc?
Is there any other "universal emulator" (meaning an emulator app that run lots of different systems), with a nice GUI?
I know about retroarch, but the GUI is really bad I think.

I could also just use single emulator apps for each system, like a snes app for the snes games and so on, but would prefer to keep things tidy and have them all in one universal app. Would like to keep everything as "Kids friendly" as possible, in the sense that things should be easy to navigate and look good.

Thanks!:)

GBADWB

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you're asking about a frontend that runs the retroarch cores in one that isn't retroarch, no one (at least of my knowledge) has developed one for the switch (in Horizon) (or any console that at least Im aware of). The amount of effort to do so is a lot, especially if its for a specific device with a limited audience.

Last edited by GBADWB,

the19thbear

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
if you're asking about a frontend that runs the retroarch cores in one that isn't retroarch, no one (at least of my knowledge) has developed one for the switch (in Horizon) (or any console that at least Im aware of). The amount of effort to do so is a lot, especially if its for a specific device with a limited audience.
ok thanks. Retropie is just that though, though it is not specifically for the switch, but can run on switch. Oh well. Seems like I will have to bite the bullet and use retroarch. Thanks

pinbi7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok thanks. Retropie is just that though, though it is not specifically for the switch, but can run on switch. Oh well. Seems like I will have to bite the bullet and use retroarch. Thanks
Just use retroarch and change the GUI -_-z

I like xmb , ozone is nice
Just pick wich ever you want

Last edited by pinbi7,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so while waiting for the things to arrive in the mail (RCM loader and jig), I have some questions about emulation.
I want to run at least SNES, scummvm, sega megadrive and maybe something else.
I really like the GUI of retropie, but it seems kind of overkill to install ubuntu just to be able to run retropie. Also, It's kind of annoying that you have to start up ubuntu, and use the touch screen feature to enter retropie. I play mostly from dock and dont want to that. Maybe there is a way to run retropie directly without running the actual ubuntu windows etc?
Is there any other "universal emulator" (meaning an emulator app that run lots of different systems), with a nice GUI?
I know about retroarch, but the GUI is really bad I think.

I could also just use single emulator apps for each system, like a snes app for the snes games and so on, but would prefer to keep things tidy and have them all in one universal app. Would like to keep everything as "Kids friendly" as possible, in the sense that things should be easy to navigate and look good.

Thanks!:)
There is no other alternative other than Retroarch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.