Best tutorial for installing vitamin and transferring vpks?

Discussion in 'PS Vita - Hacking & Homebrew' started by MBison, Sep 6, 2016.

1. MBison
    OP

MBison Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 5, 2009
    United States
    I just got a new vita with 3.6 firmware. It has HEN installed already (I go through the email program and it installs it?). I did that and tried some GBA emu and SNES emu and it worked.

Now, how do I install Vitamin and then transfer vpks? Are there some really step by step tutorials for that? I see videos talking about using FTP and stuff to transfer and I don't know what all that means.

do I need vitamin installed to launch a transferred VPK? or is Vitamin only used for dumping? So do I even need vitamin if I'm only launching vpks?

Please someone knowledgeable PM me and help walk me through it! I will love you forever!

2. GanglyFever

GanglyFever Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2016
    United States
    You only need Vitamin to dump your own games. Don't need it to play games other people dumped.

1. Download and install a FTP program. (I recommend using FileZilla)
    2. Open Henkaku on your Vita, and press select. A window should open up with an IP address.
    3. Open your FTP program and copy the IP address from your Vita to the FTP program and connect.
    4. Move the .vpk file over to your Vita. Anywhere you can find it easily.
    5. After the file successfully transfers over, press O on your Vita, and navigate and find the .vpk file.
    6. Press X to install.

jastolze likes this.
  3. Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight GBAtemp Legend

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Do you have confirmation of any other FTP programs working like maybe.... android.... es file explorer?

4. GanglyFever

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2016
    United States
    I can't get it to work with ES File Explorer, it can't find my Vita. But I just tested WinSCP and it works.

5. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    I know, i hope someone knew how if it was able to fix. I dunno if it is the ES file explorer, or the PSvita ftp that henkaku use.

6. GanglyFever

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2016
    United States
    Just got home and checked. Definitely something with ES File Explorer. I downloaded "Turbo Client" from the Playstore and was able to FTP to my Vita.

7. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    How can it be problem with es file explorer, I never had issues with ftp until the vita henkaku was made. I can use it with my 3DS using micro sd management, or the FTP turbo homebrew. Even my pc works with it, and wii homebrew FTP works.:blink:

8. Aneesh India

Aneesh India GBAtemp Regular

Dec 24, 2015
    India
    India
    I have always used filezilla without a single issue.
    go for it..

9. Ushio

Ushio Member

Newcomer
    Aug 12, 2016
    Egypt
    Can we delete .vpk files after install it?

10. TheUberGamer

TheUberGamer Member

Newcomer
    Jan 27, 2016
    Iceland
    Sure, after you installed the VPK, the files in the VPK are already sitting on your vita. If you wont delete the vpk after you installed it, it will be just a waste of space.

11. Sonic Angel Knight

May 27, 2016
    United States
    New York
    Filezilla is recommended to use for ftp. If someone was having issues with it, that would be bad. :creep:

12. justncase

justncase Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2012
    United States
    If you have a problem with ftp just rename the vpk to mp4 put the file in your ps vita video file and use qcma to transfer the file after its on the vita use Henkaku to re name file to vpk,done

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Last edited by justncase, Sep 7, 2016