Hardware Best third-party joy cons?

ElonStark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to replace the stick on my drifting right joy con and appear to have damaged it, as it no longer connects to the switch. So I'm looking to replace with a third-party alternative since originals are hard to find right now. Does anyone have a specific one they would recommend? Any that had unexpected problems? Perhaps it is too much to wish for, but I'm hoping the third-party ones might actually have less drift problems than the original.

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to replace the stick on my drifting right joy con and appear to have damaged it, as it no longer connects to the switch. So I'm looking to replace with a third-party alternative since originals are hard to find right now. Does anyone have a specific one they would recommend? Any that had unexpected problems? Perhaps it is too much to wish for, but I'm hoping the third-party ones might actually have less drift problems than the original.
Just out of curiosity, have you tried to pull them apart and see what's damaged?

If you're not going to try to fix, might as well send em my way.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

ElonStark

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just out of curiosity, have you tried to pull them apart and see what's damaged?

If you're not going to try to fix, might as well send em my way.

I fixed the drift on one but the other got messed up somehow when replacing the joystick. It isn't recognized by the switch at all, either bluetooth or docked. I have it apart again right now to try and fix but I just want to get a second set regardless.

Also is Nintendo still repairing joy-cons? I've tried submitting the form on their site but it doesn't work.

bootaholic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I fixed the drift on one but the other got messed up somehow when replacing the joystick. It isn't recognized by the switch at all, either bluetooth or docked. I have it apart again right now to try and fix but I just want to get a second set regardless.

Also is Nintendo still repairing joy-cons? I've tried submitting the form on their site but it doesn't work.
Yeah, I believe they are. Just make sure all of the ribbon cables are installed in the correct orientation. Sounds silly but they only work in one direction. I've made that mistake before.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro