Hardware Best Switch Controller/Dpad For Fighting Fames

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey guys

I need some help on deciding which controller to get for fighting games mainly ultra sf2,pokken tournament,and future smash bros and others..
I found 2 of them but im not sure which dpad is the best maybe some of you can look and help me decide?
Anyway theres the Hori Pokken Tournament DX Gamepad.
And PowerA Wired Plus Controller for switch seems to have a nice dpad?
Which one of these 2 would benefit me the most in fighting games?

https://www.amazon.com/Wired-Controller-Plus-Super-Nintendo-Switch/dp/B075DNGDWM

https://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Tournament-Controller-Officially-Licensed-Pokemon/dp/B01A6LEXFK

Pro controller is too pricey so not that one.

delta nite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't own any of those but I guess for 2D fighters the Pokken one must be the best since it is the same one used in the arcade cabinets. The game was probably designed with it in mind. Not very functional for other games that need ZL and ZR though.
Even though I own an 8bitdo NES30 Pro I don't recommend it due to its smaller form factor and less then ideal D-Pad. Its good for platformers and the such but not accurate enough for competitive fighting games. Maybe the new SNES version will be better.
If you're on 4.0.0+ you can always trust a Gamecube controller for Smash. Get the old Mayflash/Nintendo adapters before Smash is announced and they spike in price.

Zeldalife89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't own any of those but I guess for 2D fighters the Pokken one must be the best since it is the same one used in the arcade cabinets. The game was probably designed with it in mind. Not very functional for other games that need ZL and ZR though.
Even though I own an 8bitdo NES30 Pro I don't recommend it due to its smaller form factor and less then ideal D-Pad. Its good for platformers and the such but not accurate enough for competitive fighting games. Maybe the new SNES version will be better.
If you're on 4.0.0+ you can always trust a Gamecube controller for Smash. Get the old Mayflash/Nintendo adapters before Smash is announced and they spike in price.

Currently im still on 3.1 i believe? Its because in getting a different Isp provider and it wont be installed untill dec 4 :( So im stuck to using my phones MBs as internet for now..Just few more weeks anyway

But you think the hori one Dpad is the best? Does ultra SF use zl zr? I dont remember i dont think so right?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well honestly while the switch pro sounds pricy, is really a good controller. The two controllers you linked to isn't even wireless, so you can only use it in dock mode. The pro controller can work without the dock and with it. If you really don't have enough for it, maybe just save, the joy cons with the grip really isn't that bad, I actually played ultra street fighter 2 with them and never had a problem, and in hand held mode, you can use the touch screen for special move shortcuts. Maybe consider changing your controller config from pro to lite if it helps. The games have decent configurations for work around :)

Z3ROS1X

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my controller setup, it's a custom modded Nintendo Switch Pro Controller combined with some properties from the Xbox Elite Controller, mainly the D-Pad & Control sticks that all can be swapped out. It's a very nice setup. :)

IMG_6731.JPG
IMG_6734.JPG
IMG_6733.JPG
IMG_6732.JPG

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it