Gamertag: Calogero91 add me.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Well I finally upgraded to a retaractable stylus to my DSL and honestly once you retaract you never go back. But the hori ones I bought from www.superufo.com cracked the instant I used them, they still work but they dont have the stiff retractness (yes I like to make up words). So I'm trying to find out which retractable sytli are the best for the DS lite, any recomendations? I'm looking to order some more so if anyone knows any sites it would help too
biggrin.gif

dsc06969sg6.jpg

Heres a picture of the hairline crack on both sides of the stylus, if you can see.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yeah hori makes quality stuff but for the stylus I would only recommend the moritoy one, really strong build and fits perfectly. Even color matched as well.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Moritoy one.

When retracted, the size, shape, and color of the tips are identical to the DS Lite.

The metal is strong and not flimsy.

The only complaint is the metal. It's so smooth that it slides around in your fingers. I just used a scotch-brite pad to "buff" it a little to give it some texture.

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got a Moritoy one.

When retracted, the size, shape, and color of the tips are identical to the DS Lite.

The metal is strong and not flimsy.

The only complaint is the metal. It's so smooth that it slides around in your fingers. I just used a scotch-brite pad to "buff" it a little to give it some texture.

Actually, I'll be honest... using both, there isn't much difference.
In fact, I'd say the original stylus is better as the entire thing matches the DS and it has "grip".

I kinda feel like I wasted $5 on this Moritoy one, although it's cool for what it is.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I guess I don't sweat much on my hands because the stylus never slips for me. Also it makes a huge difference for games that requires you to see all of the touchpad @ once....like Ouendan. With a regular stylus my hand covers most of the screen and makes it hard for me to prepare for the next hit if it's too far away. And also I can actually write better with a longer stylus because it feels like a pen. Dunno, definitely a win for me.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
I think i´ll go for this one:
nds-comfortstylus.jpg

You can put it in your hand and use it just as if it was your finger.
wub.gif

EDIT: It´s on Lik-Sang

EDIT 2:
Something like this:
hand.gif

What do you mean? Crappy photoshop?
dry.gif

I´m not mthrnite but.... :'(

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the metal retractable stylus, and it is nice, but I also have the one pictured below and I like it a lot more. It is like $15 dollars, but it is worth it. It is very heavy duty. I bought one for my ds phat, and once they were available for the dslite I ordered one for that because I liked the dsphat one so much. Very fast shipping too. They also gave me a pen stylus for free with my order.
ndslt.jpg

link to stylus
http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=NDSLT

get the stylus below for free with order too. It doesn't fit in the dslite slot of course, but it is nice to use, when your at home, and can just leave it on the table next to you

SSIMP.JPG

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone else have a problem with the Hori ones?
Like with cracking and stuff?

Seems like they go well with your DS as opposed to the Moritoy's metal look.

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I use the Moritoy metallic one. Personally, I love it. There really isn't much of a slipping issue for me after hours of playing. The only thing I don't like is the tip. It's easily damaged. A few drops on the tip, and it will be chipped. I also destroyed the tip when playing Touch Golf since it kept on hitting the edge of the screen. They need to make the tip the same quality as the official stylus.

mescalin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
My Hori pen actually split across the seam, it's now quite loose. I've got a second one, but a crack is starting to appear in that too. I'm thinking about returning it.

Tengil

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I have the metal retractable stylus, and it is nice, but I also have the one pictured below and I like it a lot more. It is like $15 dollars, but it is worth it. It is very heavy duty. I bought one for my ds phat, and once they were available for the dslite I ordered one for that because I liked the dsphat one so much. Very fast shipping too. They also gave me a pen stylus for free with my order.
ndslt.jpg

link to stylus
http://www.pdapanache.com/products.asp?PID=NDSLT

get the stylus below for free with order too. It doesn't fit in the dslite slot of course, but it is nice to use, when your at home, and can just leave it on the table next to you

SSIMP.JPG

I want this, but ehh. shipping to Sweden: 10 bucks. 25 bucks for a pen? maybe not so much.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: never had one before that, and never had one since