Best present flashcard setup for DSLinux?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Lemmy Koopa, Sep 18, 2012.

Sep 18, 2012
  1. Lemmy Koopa
    OP

Member Lemmy Koopa M3 Perfect fanboy

United States
    Hi there. In case I can't restore my M3 perfect, I was wondering, what would be the best flash card setup to use with DSlinux?
    I know I need some sort of RAM expansion, but I don't know if anything is still available for a slot 2 expansion.

Can my M3 Perfect still work as a RAM device even if using DSlinux in a slot 1 device? It still works but it can't read my SD card.

2. Another World

Former Staff Another World Emulate the Planet!

Colombia
    http://www.dslinux.org/wiki/moin.cgi/DSLinuxFAQ

http://www.dslinux.org/wiki/moin.cgi/RunningHomebrew#Recommended_Hardware

the msd card has nothing to do with the m3 perfect being detected as a ram cart. however, if your m3 is messed up beyond the card then only you will know after you run some tests. so why not try it to see what happens instead of asking us to predict what will happen in your unique situation?

-another world

3. Lemmy Koopa
    OP

United States
    I only have an M3 perfect at the moment. It works fine, just doesn't read the SD card, because as I stated in a topic I made about it's condition, one of the pins that read the SD card has broken off.
    All I really needed to know is if I could use it as a RAM expansion even though I'm not using it as the device to run DSlinux.

4. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    That should be entirely possible, yes. I believe it should be able to access the slot-2 RAM even if the SD card interface is borked.

5. Lemmy Koopa
    OP

United States
    Very awesome. If I can't fix my M3 or can't find a new one for now, I could probably just buy an EZ Flash 5 and slot 1 device to compensate for it not working for now.
    I literally was going to try the latest DSLinux right before the SD interface malfunctioned. I really like DSLinux and I know it needs a good expansion pack to run well.

Thank you.