Hacking best possible settings for usbloader gx

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I just started using the usbloader and, I'm wondering, what's the best way to have my wii set up? I keep seeing a lot of threads on the hermes cios but, then I see people talking about needing to have it to where it merges ios's or something? Which 249rev should I use? Is rev14 or 15 better? Is there any particular ios's I should have with some specific version? Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cIOS 222 installed as 38 merge 37

002fix set to ANTI

Boot/Standard set to 222

video mode set to AUTOPATCH

everything will work for you

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thx for the quick reply, just a couple of quick questions. Do I not need to install 223? Is that one useless if I've got 222 merged like that? I've got 249rev14, so should I have my 002 set to anti or on?

dronefire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
thx for the quick reply, just a couple of quick questions. Do I not need to install 223? Is that one useless if I've got 222 merged like that? I've got 249rev14, so should I have my 002 set to anti or on?

Having 223 isn't neccesary, but is just there if 222 doesn't work. Hermes cIOS are primarily used for games that use the USB ports (Rock Band, Guitar Hero)
249rev14 is the way to go right now.(Some have had issues with rev15) The previous poster was right with his settings so I'd go with that. 222 will also allow you to play dual layer discs like Smash Bros Brawl (249 breaks the dual layer games causing them to crash.) As for 002 set to on or anti, not really sure what the difference between the two are, so I keep mine set to on.

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
anti only applies it to the games that need it, so it's better to have it set to that

And 249 does not break dl compatability, IOS 249 revision 14 does.

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I guess we're in agreement on a couple of issues at least. So, using 222 on Smash Bros. is guaranteed to work were as 249 isn't, correct? As far as the 002 fix, the real question is which one do I need to have on? What's the difference in having anti or on? I've got 249rev14 and hermes222 37-38merged so as far as I know neither of those have an auto 002 fix. So, would it be better to have 002 as anti or on?

xzxero

♥bong milk does good for the brain♥
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MaGnUmKiLLa said:
Ok, so I guess we're in agreement on a couple of issues at least. So, using 222 on Smash Bros. is guaranteed to work were as 249 isn't, correct? As far as the 002 fix, the real question is which one do I need to have on? What's the difference in having anti or on? I've got 249rev14 and hermes222 37-38merged so as far as I know neither of those have an auto 002 fix. So, would it be better to have 002 as anti or on?
anti.

did you not read why as posted above?
anti only applies it to the games that need it

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, thanks. Two more questions and I think I'm done. Usb Loader GX has an options screen and in that options screen is gamesettings or something. It looks just like the game settings deal when you bring up the individual games. I'm assuming that this is like a universal settings deal so I went and changed that to 222 and anti but when I bring up the individual games they still say 249 and off so... wtf? My other question, some games need an alt. dol like hotd 2 and metal slug. I put Metal Slug Anthology on the usb loader and it automatically like did the whole alt dol thing and asks me if I want to play default or MS6 which is awesome. Do the other games like that do that? like, if I put in HotD2&3 will it be like do you want to play 2 or 3? or with the other games do I absolutely have to go and manually take out the dol and put it in the dol path and all that crap?

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dronefire said:
249rev14 is the way to go right now.(Some have had issues with rev15)

rev 15 only causes you a problem if you're using wiipower's neogamma.
however 249 is becoming unimportant. With 222 running games off fat32 and supporting bca, it's the only one worth using.

MaGnUmKiLLa

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I figured out the deal with the settings but, if someone could help me with HotD and other games of that nature, I'd appreciate it. I've seen a lot of people talking about games like that and then games like red steel giving problems but, a lot of it sounded like people that had older versions of the cios and usb loader. Is there any up to date solutions for those types of games?

dronefire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smf said:
dronefire said:
249rev14 is the way to go right now.(Some have had issues with rev15)

rev 15 only causes you a problem if you're using wiipower's neogamma.
however 249 is becoming unimportant. With 222 running games off fat32 and supporting bca, it's the only one worth using.

Good to know that it's only rev14 that does that to DL discs, thought it was 249 in general.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill