Best pokemon games that is easy to understand?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the main-line games, it depends what system you have, and if you have/had a DS/3DS/Switch before it should've been hard to avoid them..

Anyway, for DS go with either Platinum or HG/SS (HG/SS are the same game, with just some different exclusive Pokémon you can catch in game, though you can trade for them so no worries..), Platinum is a Gen 4 game, HG/SS is Gen 2 Remake with some Gen 4 elements & Pokémon..
There's also Gen 5, that's Black/White & Black2/White2, is set in different region & with different Pokémon to catch..

For 3DS, for Gen 6 there's XY and ORAS, while ORAS is a Remake of Gen 3 with again some Gen 6's elements.. I would choose it out of the 2 games..
Gen 7, is Sun/Moon & Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon, they've changed a few things, no more Gyms etc. Though it's not a bad game, i would go with US/UM if you choose to go with this region first..

For Switch games, there's Let's Go Pikachu /Eevee, again same spiel with minor changes , and it is a Remake of the Gen 1 games..
There's Sword & Shield (Gen 8), it's decent, though there's no national Dex..
There's also the Gen 4 Remakes Brilliant Diamond /Shining Pearl, again same games as D/P & without the enhancements of Platinum...
There's Legends Arceus but it's not a typical Pokémon game, i wouldn't suggest it to you for now, not it because it's bad but it's because it's different from the other mainline games..

I skipped GB/GBC/GBA games because i didn't you'd start with those.. Of all the above go with whatever you suits you and with whatever system you have, though if you have a 3DS you can play both all the DS & 3DS Games on it, in addition to all the GB/GBC/GBA Pokémon games.. :yay3ds:

The_Classic

Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi. Ive never really been into pokemon. But here I am. Being the 1% on earth that doesnt know shit about pokemon games-

Which pokemon game would you recommend that is simple to understand?
  • Pokémon LeafGreen.
  • Strongly recommended starter Pokémon: Squirtle.
  • On PC (Linux, Windows, Mac): mGBA.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the same as the op, but I bought shield/sword/brilliant diamond and whatever the other is called. I want to get into pokemon.

Valwinz

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hi. Ive never really been into pokemon. But here I am. Being the 1% on earth that doesnt know shit about pokemon games-

Which pokemon game would you recommend that is simple to understand?
in GBA Emerald
In DS Platinum
on 3DS Moon and Sun

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm the same as the op, but I bought shield/sword/brilliant diamond and whatever the other is called. I want to get into pokemon.
Oh, really? If you've played any main-line Pokémon game since the GB to completion (i'm talking about the story, not catching 'em all..), it's basically the same game ever since. The other game you' ve mentioned i think you're talking about Pokémon Legends Arceus, though it's not considered main-line (at least for now), it's an origins story of Pokémon, the combat mechanics is different, as well as the catching system, evolutions, no gyms, not much trainer battles...
My pick if you want to experience Pokémon for the first time, it would be HG/SS on the DS, it's a remake of Gold/Silver, set in the Johto region (also Kanto in the post-game), the difficulty it's not really that hard or anything, just grind for a few levels before Gym battles if you feel like you're under-leveled, use the typing to your advantage against the opponent (like water is super effective against fire etc.). And many more stuff you'll learn thru playing..

Reactions: godreborn

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ORAS remakes a good place to start if you don't want to play Pokémon in 2D or something, the story is the same as in Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, with the addition of Mega evolutions, mirage Islands.. Etc.
The Hoenn region is diverse, with a good selection of Pokemon to use..
For anyone who wants to try Pokémon for the first time, you'll know if it's for you or not just by the first the 2~3hrs in-game time. Chances if you've enjoyed your time up to that point, you'll like it, and you'll want to keep playing it..
If you can remember more then 150 pokemon, chess might be a better game for you.
What does that have to do with anything..

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Every Pokémon game is pretty much the same game. If you've played one, you've played them all. In order to play with others and get more enjoyment out of your experience, maybe play whatever your friends are playing so you can battle, trade, and talk about your experiences.

If you don't feel like spending money, emulate FireRed or LeafGreen on your phone or computer.

Reactions: Kwyjor

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, really? If you've played any main-line Pokémon game since the GB to completion (i'm talking about the story, not catching 'em all..), it's basically the same game ever since. The other game you' ve mentioned i think you're talking about Pokémon Legends Arceus, though it's not considered main-line (at least for now), it's an origins story of Pokémon, the combat mechanics is different, as well as the catching system, evolutions, no gyms, not much trainer battles...
My pick if you want to experience Pokémon for the first time, it would be HG/SS on the DS, it's a remake of Gold/Silver, set in the Johto region (also Kanto in the post-game), the difficulty it's not really that hard or anything, just grind for a few levels before Gym battles if you feel like you're under-leveled, use the typing to your advantage against the opponent (like water is super effective against fire etc.). And many more stuff you'll learn thru playing..
Is the point grinding?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is the point grinding?
The point of these games is catching Pokémon and filling up the Pokedex. On your journey you'll encounter trainers the same level as you, you battle them and gain experience if you win, then you'll reach a new town and battle its gym leader there, rinse and repeat. The grinding part is not necessary since the game throws at you a lot of trainers along the way, but if for whatever reason you decide they're not worth your time & skip through them, you may find yourself in a situation when an opponent is either a higher level than you and is giving you a hard time in battle, or even if you're about the same level, you still want to be atleast +5 levels (like against some troublesome gym leader battles, or the elite 4), the grinding is just so you won't have a hard time in battle, specially when there's so many things that could make you lose at any given moment..

sukh69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Every Pokemon game is easy to understand, though if you're looking for a starting point then I recommend one of the Gen 1 remakes like FireRed/LeafGreen or Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I don't trust the free ones, but ipvanish I've used for couple years now, n like
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if they could get CPUs to run that hot then use the heat to power a steam turbine to power the CPUs....
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Good idea, or at least power the GPU
    It's not the movies or games downloads that I would worry about, like breaking into networks, downloading encrypted things, spying on network traffic. I have seen so many "Top Secret" seals on files when I was a kid
    I was obsessed with finding UFOs, a surprising amount of US files where stashed on computers in other countries, China back in the early 90s omg sooo much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that crazy, I've never tried hack into anything, I just pirate, and my ISP have send me 3-4 letters, so had to VPN it
    Ship to ship communication software for the Navy although without access to the encrypting chips it was mostly useless
    I bet now a 4090 could probably crack it? Hmmm maybe not even back then I'm pretty sure they where using like 1024 bit encryption
    Yayyy the one set finished 324GBs lol
    Compressed....
    I wonder how many years that would have taken on a 56K modem lol
    18000 hours lol
    750 days lol
    +1
    So Internet is very much faster now lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Time Remaining- 2 years, 9 girlfriends, 6 hairstyles, please standby..."
    +1
    I remember one time I downloaded like a 500MB ISO file on 56K and that literally took like 2 days
    I had some sort of resume thing, I remember the software had chains
    Damned if I can't remember.the name though
    Some sort of download management app
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok good chatting, I'm off to the bar, to shoot some pool, nighty night.
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    hey psi
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: i call your girl lyndon the way she b on my johnson