Hacking Best place to get an AK2?

CDRacingZX6R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently ordered from Deal Extreme... But my status of waiting on supplier hasn't changed in 9 days... So I'm thinking they wont be in stock there any time soon.

Is there any other places that are cheap like deal extreme, that might not take so long?

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Out of all the reputable (read: not suspicious) stores, no store can match the super low prices that DX offers. If you're willing to spend more, I would suggest getting one from KickGaming. In comparison to DX, their price might seem like a rip-off, but considering that you get speedy shipping and good customer support, it's really worth it.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got mine from this store-

http://www.stuffs4kids.com/Acekard_2_p/acekard2.htm

It costs more($21 plus ship costs), but they're in the US, ship fast, guarantee that they sell 2.1 cards, and include a free Micro SD reader with it(the 2.1's don't include it). The reader works very nicely, I use it a lot. You can also add Micro SD cards to your order if you need one.

Real Hot Stuff is another reputable US dealer, but they sell Acekard 2.1 for $28, so I'd suggest stuffs4kids instead. I doubt you're going to find an Acekard cheaper than that from a US retailer.

xbman

Trophies
XP
Country
I ordered my R4 from Real Hot Stuff and would highly recommend them in the general sense. As far as price, I haven't seen anyone come close to DX for anything, let alone the Acekard.

I ordered an Acekard from DX around December 10th and got it on December 26th (it was out of stock at the time). The provided tracking, gets delivered by USPS and will require a signature. Aside from some delays with it originally being out of stock and the longer transit time (coming from China) it was well worth it - and well worth the wait.

CDRacingZX6R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the suggestion guys. I'll wait a few more business days to see if they update my purchuse, if not I'll try one of the other sites listed here.

Thanks for the advice!

Angry_Games

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.angrygames.com
XP
Country
United States
I ordered my 2.1 from realhotstuff.com for $28, and got a car charger for $4.50 on top of that.

Took about 7 or 8 days, but I can definitely recommend them. Prices looked about the same just about everywhere except DX, but I chose RHS because they were in USA (DX is in HK right?)

I'm a big noob so my words/recommendations don't carry much (if any) weight.

owmyballs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Knarf said:
Acekards are go for $26 on Dealextreme. It took about a week & a half to come. Very good price.

The DealExtreme site that I go to they are $11.70 if you get the reader. The problem is they don't have them in stock.

5thdimension

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey guys, sorry for the whole sales pitch and all.. and if a mod wants me to remove this post it's fine with me. But we are selling AceKard 2's for $24 CAD, with free shipping. They should be in stock on either Monday or Tuesday if you're willing to wait. Link is in my signature.

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Diosoth said:
I got mine from this store-

http://www.stuffs4kids.com/Acekard_2_p/acekard2.htm

It costs more($21 plus ship costs), but they're in the US, ship fast, guarantee that they sell 2.1 cards, and include a free Micro SD reader with it(the 2.1's don't include it). The reader works very nicely, I use it a lot. You can also add Micro SD cards to your order if you need one.

Real Hot Stuff is another reputable US dealer, but they sell Acekard 2.1 for $28, so I'd suggest stuffs4kids instead. I doubt you're going to find an Acekard cheaper than that from a US retailer.
hey man thanks for the link for stuffs4kids just wondering how much was your shipping cost? I'm thinking about getting the AK2 + EZFlash 3in1 from there.

evilishan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Try contacting Customer support, yeah i'm playing the waiting game as well from DX.
But I've ordered from them before and their pretty reliable.

There's a really good store near me, but they charge heaps (because it's an actual store), got a couple of case mods from them :
http://www.quantronics.com.au/products/ds/modchips
Last time I checked, AK2's were about $50 AUD = $34.
$8 for better service, Perhaps not.

icebeam17

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ordered on the 31st from DXtreme and still waiting on supplier as well, if i don't hear anything from them by tommorow im just gonna order from stuffs4kids =(

rajendra82

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got my AceKard 2i recently from dealwoot. It was $36 (AceKard 2 was listed at $31 and was in stock). They had a free shipping option. I ordered it Friday, and it got from California to Georgia on Monday. I got impatient and couldn't wait for DealExtreme to get supply sorted out. The extra $17 was well worth it.

luan87us

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered a AK2 from stuffs4kids. It was $24.xx after shipping (3-5days). This site based in USA so hopefully I'll get my AK2 soon. I would have ordered from 5thdemesion store but they only accept paypal payment. 5thdemesion has free shipping and very good prices (their AK2 was only $20, CycloDS $46.xx). I would recommend 5thdemesion to anyone uses Paypal and lives in North america

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luan87us said:
Just ordered a AK2 from stuffs4kids. It was $24.xx after shipping (3-5days). This site based in USA so hopefully I'll get my AK2 soon. I would have ordered from 5thdemesion store but they only accept paypal payment. 5thdemesion has free shipping and very good prices (their AK2 was only $20, CycloDS $46.xx). I would recommend 5thdemesion to anyone uses Paypal and lives in North america

Any store that uses free shipping probably ships by Fedex Smartpost. It's a horribly unreliable, generally hated by many service that can take anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks, depending on which sortation centers your package bounces between. Smartpost is actually as unreliable as cheap rate oevrseas shipping.

I could be wrong about that store, but in my experience, it's what these businesses typically use. They ship "free" by mailing everything in large pickup batches which costs very little.

5thdimension

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
luan87us said:
Thanks for putting a good word for us!

Diosoth said:
QUOTE(luan87us @ Jan 13 2009, 01:13 PM) Just ordered a AK2 from stuffs4kids. It was $24.xx after shipping (3-5days). This site based in USA so hopefully I'll get my AK2 soon. I would have ordered from 5thdemesion store but they only accept paypal payment. 5thdemesion has free shipping and very good prices (their AK2 was only $20, CycloDS $46.xx). I would recommend 5thdemesion to anyone uses Paypal and lives in North america

Any store that uses free shipping probably ships by Fedex Smartpost. It's a horribly unreliable, generally hated by many service that can take anywhere from 4 days to 3 weeks, depending on which sortation centers your package bounces between. Smartpost is actually as unreliable as cheap rate oevrseas shipping.

I could be wrong about that store, but in my experience, it's what these businesses typically use. They ship "free" by mailing everything in large pickup batches which costs very little.
We ship via Canada Post.

Diosoth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5thdimension said:
We ship via Canada Post.

Smartpost is US only. One store I ordered from gave me a tracking # and didn't bother to tell me what ship method they used. I had to call them on the phone to find out it was Smartpost, then jump through google searches to find their tracking page, since they don't link to it anywhere ont he Smartpost website. So far my luck with them hasn't been too bad as far a stransit times go, but one package came to me in abysmal shape. Fedex Smartpost employees really don't care when it gets to you, or what condition it's in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.