Best PC n64 emulator?

Discussion in 'Computer Programming, Emulation, and Game Modding' started by 3bbb7, Sep 1, 2013.

1. 3bbb7
    OP

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    Ive been waiting a long time for the retroarch update which will include n64 core, but it's been so long so I want to get a standalone one.
    What is the best emulator for n64?

Ive tried project64 in the past but I had issues uninstalling it. Its been about 2 years and project64 still shows up in my Uninstall Programs list. I try to uninstall it and it throws an error and wont go away, even though I dont have it anymore.

Ive heard of Mupen64 but I noticed there are two versions? Mupen64 and Mupen64plus?

2. XiTaU

XiTaU GBAtemp Regular

May 15, 2008
    United States
    unfortunately pj64 is still ur best bet for n64 emulation you can try mupen64plus which is just an updated version of mupen64 which the main team stopped working on many years ago.

3. Sicklyboy

Sicklyboy Resident Mechanical Keyboard Addict

Global Moderator
    Jul 15, 2009
    United States
    [̲̅$̲̅(̲̅ ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°̲̅)̲̅$̲̅]

Not exactly on topic, but you don't have pj64 installed anymore, right? If you want to get rid of it, download and install CCleaner from piriform.com and you can use that to delete the entry in your Add and Remove Programs list.

You can also remove it manually but that's more of a pain.

4. 3bbb7
    OP

3bbb7 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 28, 2012
    United States
    I have ccleaner, never tried the uninstaller thing though, i'll try it. Thanks