Best PC Emulators for each system?

klauskinski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm aiming to set up an older desktop as an emulation station & would appreciate peoples recommendations for the best of the crop as my experience is limited.

The more options the better..
Just got the latest PPSSPP & it's fantastic, running almost everything I've tried without issue

Thanks.

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used VBA a lot back in the day and No$GBA has the best emulation quality from what I've tried for DS. For consoles I use JNES and Snes9X but I don't really know if those are the best to be honest but I do recommend P64 if there's even any other 64 emu's I'm not aware of. I've heard good things about PCSX2 for PS2 emulation as well, this PC can't handle it though so haven't tried it myself. Cheers mate!

klauskinski

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used VBA a lot back in the day and No$GBA has the best emulation quality from what I've tried for DS. For consoles I use JNES and Snes9X but I don't really know if those are the best to be honest but I do recommend P64 if there's even any other 64 emu's I'm not aware of. I've heard good things about PCSX2 for PS2 emulation as well, this PC can't handle it though so haven't tried it myself. Cheers mate!

Thanks, that helps.. I'll certainly be checking those out

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kega Fusion for Sega Genesis, CD, Game Gear, Master System
VBA for GBA, GB, GBC
Fceux for NES
DeSuMe/No$Gba for DS
Project64, Mupen64 (there may be a few others) for N64

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
GB/C/A: VBA
NDS: desmume
SNES: SNEX9x
NES: FCEU
PS1: This varies, but I prefer ePSXe
N64: Mupen64
GC/Wii: Dolphin
PS2: PCSX2:
DC: NullDC or Chankast
Arcade: MAME
Various SEGA systems: Fusion (Mega drive, Master System and the Genesis)

Reactions: AkiraCast

AkiraCast

Former professional QA tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GB/C/A: VBA
NDS: desmume
SNES: SNEX9x
NES: FCEU
PS1: This varies, but I prefer ePSXe
N64: Mupen64
GC/Wii: Dolphin
PS2: PCSX2:
DC: NullDC or Chankast
Arcade: MAME
Various SEGA systems: Fusion (Mega drive, Master System and the Genesis)

Oh shit I forgot about arcade stuff! Yeah definitely MAME, I use GGPO for NeoGeo and CPS stuff as well.

BlackWizzard17

Don't worry Captin we'll buff out those scratches.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dolphin Emulator - Gamecube/Wii emulator if your pc can handle
Pcsx2 Emulator - Ps2 emulator if your pc can handle it
epsxe - Ps1 emu should run games at least close to full speed on decent hardware
P-64 or P-64K- N64 emulator and N64 emulator to play online
DesuME or no$GBA - Ds emulators

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best for general play, best for debugging/hacking, best for internet play (this can get odd), best for playing with mods of games (some of the N64 gets odd), best for ease of use (some of the PS1 stuff has emulators that run most games well but others might run others better if you spend 5 minutes fiddling), best for extra filters (HD retextures and the like), most accurate (accuracy is nice and probably even one of the more important goals but it is not everything)....?

It sounds you just want to play games and would be happy if it has some cheats and the accuracy is in the "if you really know the system you might be able to tell that the audio decay is not as fast as it should but it otherwise it is all good" range but I have to ask. About the only real thing to note is with the rise of android and various handhelds/consoles some people pick certain things to make it easier to transition between systems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.