Xw2X

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I haven't been keeping up too much with the mod switch world and recently coming back wanting to learn to install Emmu nand on my switch. Before I stopped using my switch, I was able to install CFW (atmosphere) on sysnand and was able to install a few pirated games.

I was able to find a few tutorial where it teaches me how to install emmu but none of them really clarify the few doubts that I have. My switch was updated from 1.0.0 to recently firmware using choi dujour so no fuse should be burnt (not sure if this matters). What is the best route to installing emmu nand? Would all my data from CFW be gone? I Installed CFW on sysnand and would like to move it to emunand, would this be possible or would I need to restore and install everything from scratch?

The reason I would like to do this is because of the following reason.

1. I would like to play online with the legit game I have purchased on sysnand. 2. further avoid ban by only playing pirated stuff on emmu nand. 3. Ability to move hacked sav into sysnand.

Thank you for your advise and assistance,

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi everyone,

I haven't been keeping up too much with the mod switch world and recently coming back wanting to learn to install Emmu nand on my switch. Before I stopped using my switch, I was able to install CFW (atmosphere) on sysnand and was able to install a few pirated games.

I was able to find a few tutorial where it teaches me how to install emmu but none of them really clarify the few doubts that I have. My switch was updated from 1.0.0 to recently firmware using choi dujour so no fuse should be burnt (not sure if this matters). What is the best route to installing emmu nand? Would all my data from CFW be gone? I Installed CFW on sysnand and would like to move it to emunand, would this be possible or would I need to restore and install everything from scratch?

The reason I would like to do this is because of the following reason.

1. I would like to play online with the legit game I have purchased on sysnand. 2. further avoid ban by only playing pirated stuff on emmu nand. 3. Ability to move hacked sav into sysnand.

Thank you for your advise and assistance,
Well first of all, CFW was never "installed" on sysMMC; CFW is just a bunch of files on your SD card. It is a mode similar to booting OFW/Stock. Therefore if you boot CFW from emuMMC, it would just boot CFW from emuMMC. As for carrying over data, the way emuMMC is initially created is that is a copy of sysMMC that is run from the SD card. However after it is created, it runs independently of sysMMC. Meaning any changes made in emuMMC will not affect sysMMC and vice versa. The problem though is that since you already used CFW and homebrew on your sysMMC means you can no longer go online unless you want to risk getting banned. The only way to avoid that risk is by restoring a clean eMMC backup made before running CFW or homebrew. Without that, even emuMMC will not help you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Only if you send him feet