Hacking Best "non"-spring loaded, or internal memory Flash Cart?

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could read reviews all day but I like getting input from actual people about my concerns or questions. I've had a G6DS Real for a year or two now. Sadly I think its starting to age, as when I put it in the current comp I use it gets corrupted.

Anywho, it seems, for whatever reason, micro sd cards are the majority of the market. Sadly I dislike the idea of purchasing something that potentially could or would break. i.e. the spring. G6DS Real has 2gb internal memory, so I wouldn't mind something along those lines either. Customizable skins would be nice. G6DS was far too picky with that aspect. Even if you made images to the right perimeters it still had occasion to screw up. Bah.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My AK2i was glued together though...no clips, and no springs either. I've never had any problems with it. But I think the newer AK2is have springs now, but I don't think they use clips.

PettingZoo

yesss
Trophies
Website
iancoulton.com
XP
Country
Spring loaded carts these days have really good quality springs unlike the old R4's which had pretty horrible springs. They are really good and provide ease in taking out your microSD without needing to take out your cart itself. Also if you are used to the G6DS Real then you should get the M3 Real, though no one really uses the Touchpod firmware these days because there is Sakura. Though there are many other alternatives like Ak2/i, Cyclo, SCDS1/i, EDGE, DSTT. I would recommend either an M3 Real (Medium Priced), Ak2/i (Low Priced), Cyclo (High Priced) they all have the same features with each of them having some unique perks.

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate the replies. I don't mind too much getting a spring loaded one now since from what you've all said the quality of springs in general has improved since the R4. Is there a reason the Cyclo is a bit pricier? A sturdier casing? Better quality? I don't mind paying a bit more to be honest if it's worth it. I'd also like a cart that's still and will be for the foreseeable future updated. The three you recommend were the ones I had been recommended before, so I think it'll come down to one of them. A plus I didn't think of before with MicroSD's is if the memory gets corrupted beyond repair it doesn't make the Fash Card itself useless.

EDIT:
Pharaoh, you mentioned that all the carts (cards, carts, I've used both and have no idea which is correct...) you suggested are non-spring loaded. CylcoDS doesn't use springs? I still don't mind getting one that does, but if its built to just slide the micro sd card in and out that might be a selling point to me depending on how supported it is.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A cyclo just has a ton of features that some other carts don't. But still, it's hardly worth the extra price nowadays...there are a lot of carts with some of those features now. After all, you'll be paying at least twice as much for a cyclo than most other competing price.

VenomSymbiote

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
50 bucks for a cyclo DS bundle... kinda pricey but I do like the general sound of the build quality and the fact it has no spring. I assume a MicroSD card read let's you transfer files from it to the comp and vice versa? I've seen them called several things, so I'm just curious if what this bundle:

http://www.realhotstuff.com/cyclods-evolut...ndle-p-213.html

offers is all that I'd need to get my music and various other things onto it and started. I heard Realhotstuff was good, what's your thoughts on them? Still unsure what I'll eventually decide on, but it's narrowed down quite a bit and I thank the kind and helpful people for the advice.

phoenixclaws

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeh, I've had a AK2i for my NDSL about 3 weeks now. Good quality with the one i got from DealExtreme.com.

It is the later version (HWID:81) without the bulge from the chip into the sticker. The sticker is a little off center on mine but that doesn't affect the flashcart at all.

Haven't had any troubles except once when i tried running one of my genuine GBA carts, the game was read all garbled up. I just restarted the system and it worked after that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0HUC3gnPMZs&pp=ygUXTWVtY2FyZCBwcm8gMSwgMiBhbmQgZ2M%3D