Hardware Best/Latest Mod (?) to Use?

seri-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
((I don't know if this is the right sub-forum to post, if it's wrong please tell me so that I may post it to the proper sub-forum))

I've just got a retail copy of Pokemon Moon but I found out that I can't play it using Gateway 3DS, which has been my goto option for playing retail cards. I haven't updated my o3DS firmware since 9.2 and in the past, I've used MrMario2011's tutorial on youtube on how to cold boot rxTools, Gateway and the Homebrew menu. Which was working fine until a week ago, when my 3DS crashed while I was trying cheats on Devil Survivor 1. It resulted in the 3DS booting straight to 'normal mode' rather than the menu to choose between the other 'modes'.

Anyway, I've been searching online but it seems that Gateway is pretty outdated? And so is rxTools? Though I never really had a problem using them since I don't play that many newly released games, but I'd like to know which would be a better option since I want to play Pokemon Moon without having to update my 9.2 firmware. I heard of Luma and I'm going to see how to set that up, but I also want to hear the opinion of others since I haven't really been actively following the hacking community in the last couple of years because of college.

Reactions: fodder

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lol, you have all the requirements to get flagged as "noob to flame" by haters here:
  • talk about Gateway
  • talk about rxTools
  • mention following a tutorial on Youtube
Anyway, yeah, Luma should be enough to support Moon I guess. It's a lot easier to setup than rxTools, and if you already have GW and rxTools running on menuhax, you really only have to copy paste files to your SD and add Luma to your boot settings to get it to run.

Then, I smell people telling you to replace menuhax with a9lh (actually no, idiots would tell you to replace Gateway with a9lh but it doesn't make sense while what I said does) from 5 kilometers. You can do that or just ignore it. I recommend it but it won't solve your current problem. See above post for a9lh installation (which is the "best/latest mod to use").

Reactions: seri-kun and fodder

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should note that with the above guide, once correctly installed (A9LH + Luma), you can update the firmware however you please (usually most up to date is best, but whenever a new firmware is released, always check on here to make sure you can update without issues, and if there are issues, what you should do prior to updating to avoid them)

Also, I don't know the process of going from Gateway3DS to A9LH, might want to look into that first if it is a thing.

Last edited by fodder,
Reactions: seri-kun

seri-kun

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Lol, you have all the requirements to get flagged as "noob to flame" by haters here:
  • talk about Gateway
  • talk about rxTools
  • mention following a tutorial on Youtube
:rofl2: I'm aware of the impending flames, though I don't really mind as long as I can get things working for my benefit. I do accept my noob status, I used to follow the hacking communities religiously back in the DS and PSP eras but that was years ago and college happened to me.

Thanks though, I'm looking up on Luma tutorials/guides around here. But I really do prefer youtube videos, since I'm more of a visual learner + lazy person.

To the others, thanks, too. :D

fodder

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:rofl2: I'm aware of the impending flames, though I don't really mind as long as I can get things working for my benefit. I do accept my noob status, I used to follow the hacking communities religiously back in the DS and PSP eras but that was years ago and college happened to me.

Thanks though, I'm looking up on Luma tutorials/guides around here. But I really do prefer youtube videos, since I'm more of a visual learner + lazy person.

To the others, thanks, too. :D
I feel ya about the youtube vids, but PLEASE do NOT follow YouTube vids for a process like this.

Just try and take the time and read the guide, it's pretty friendly, and it's much better than watching a potentially outdated youtube video and bricking your system

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +2