Gaming Best JRPG series

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
let's vote to see what is the best series of JRPG,..Vote then explain why and what is your favorite among the series that you picked.
And if you have a game in the series that you picked that you didn't like, put it also here

mine is Final Fantasy series, Because of the storyline (best),music,, replay value and it always change from titles to titles, it also has some memorable characters, Tidus ( i liked how square changed the game's main character,silly>emo), Cecil and Kain (awesome at the DS remake), Auron and Jetch, Terra, and two of the best villains ever created, Kefka and Sephiroth...oh, i'll include Cloud(super emo dumbass, IMO). The downside is always the random battles, geez, it sucks. (i'd still not played FFXiii)

My fave in the series is Final Fantasy X, i love the game's grid system and epic storyline, better than FFVii, IMO, the musics is great, from To Zanarkand to Yuna's Theme. I just don't like FFX-2, i think FFs don't deserved direct sequels, i think prequels will do, but not sequels.

I don't like FFvii that much, i'd played it, i'd enjoyed it sometime, especially in events where the memories of Cloud was revealed, but what i don't like in this game is the EMONESS of Cloud, and what i really hate is it's fanbase, or rather fanboys, XD...they ruined the game for me, and the Square Enix move to expand it.

-------------------------------------------
PS: I also love DQ games, traditional, always good, Best music all in all (My fave is To Zanarkand of FFX though)!!...
and i love Tales series, love the gameplay , the best gameplay for me..

##update

Chrono - 6
Final Fantasy - 9
Lufia - 1
Shin Megami/Persona - 4
Golden SUn - 1
Pokemon -3
Dragon QUest - 5
Tales of - 4
XenoSaga - 1
Mother/Earthbound - 2
Kingdom Hearts - 2
Rune Factory - 1

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
ShadowSoldier said:
Does... this even belong in this section?

Whatever,

Chrono Trigger > Final Fantasy series. If you played it, then you'd know why.

i don't know where to post this. sory for that..XD

yup,i'd played it, i finished it and it was epic, it belongs to my top 5 game, but i don't really get into Cross...

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
Final Fantasy! Final Fantasy! Final Fantasy! This topic is no longer about Best JRPG's, it's about Final Fantasy!

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
mcr619619 said:
let's vote to see what is the best series of JRPG,..Vote then explain why and what is your favorite among the series that you picked.
And if you have a game in the series that you picked that you didn't like, put it also here

mine is Final Fantasy series, Because of the storyline (best),music,, replay value and it always change from titles to titles, it also has some memorable characters, Tidus ( i liked how square changed the game's main character,silly>emo), Cecil and Kain (awesome at the DS remake), Auron and Jetch, Terra, and two of the best villains ever created, Kefka and Sephiroth...oh, i'll include Cloud(super emo dumbass, IMO). The downside is always the random battles, geez, it sucks. (i'd still not played FFXiii)

My fave in the series is Final Fantasy X, i love the game's grid system and epic storyline, better than FFVii, IMO, the musics is great, from To Zanarkand to Yuna's Theme. I just don't like FFX-2, i think FFs don't deserved direct sequels, i think prequels will do, but not sequels.

I don't like FFvii that much, i'd played it, i'd enjoyed it sometime, especially in events where the memories of Cloud was revealed, but what i don't like in this game is the EMONESS of Cloud, and what i really hate is it's fanbase, or rather fanboys, XD...they ruined the game for me, and the Square Enix move to expand it.

-------------------------------------------
PS: I also love DQ games, traditional, always good, Best music all in all (My fave is To Zanarkand of FFX though)!!...
and i love Tales series, love the gameplay , the best gameplay for me..
Final Fantasy XII doesn't have random battles.

ShadowSoldier said:
Does... this even belong in this section?

Whatever,

Chrono Trigger > Final Fantasy series. If you played it, then you'd know why.
It probably belongs to the General Consoles Discussion section.
My favourite is Final Fantasy, and I have played Chrono Trigger. I'd love Chrono Trigger more if it's universe was expanded more...
U2W7v.png
It's hard for me not to be a fan of it since it's so huge and it covers so much more than RPGs, really.
QUOTE(ojsinnerz. @ Nov 15 2010, 05:41 PM)
Popularity contest, people probably haven't heard of any niche JRPGs, etc.
Most niche JRPGs don't become a series. Still, there are some great (albeit small) "niche" JRPG series. In this category I'd consider the Mother Series, SaGa series, Ys series, Sora no Kiseki series et al.

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Lufia (old SNES,GBC and GBA too IIRC games were turn based, DS remake of Lufia 2 is actionRPG) They're just awesome.
Also:
Legacy of Ys, TWEWY(not realy a series though), Pokémon, Kingdom Hearts, Tales and Layton (though I'm not really sure whether or not the Layton games can really be called RPGs)
EDIT: Also, Dragon Quest, Fire Emblem and Super Robot Taisen.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I always thought FF was pretty overated. However I do think Chrono Trigger is excellent.

The Shin Megami Tensei games are my favoourite RPG series. It does things differently and it does it well.

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
+1
final fantasy

the tales series are good, and tales of innocence was great, but mindless button smashing is not for me
I prefer something a little more strategic

XXLANCEXX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RoMee said:
+1
final fantasy

the tales series are good, and tales of innocence was great, but mindless button smashing is not for me
Final Fantasy is Overrated nuff said
id go with Golden Sun Tales of or Summon Night X

RoMee

??
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
RoMee said:
+1
final fantasy

lol...haters
laugh.gif

mcr619619

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
my fave are FFs, but i honestly accept that it's overrated, though not much. i think people overhyped FFs, but geez, almost all famous games were overhyped.. Still my fave is FFX, it's the best for me, a complete RPG for me..X-2 just mess it up..

FFs do have replay value, sidequest are so many..

Tales is one of the best gameplay ever made, it's not just button smashing, you need to think too, or you'll die..

I guess it's best if we follow this format

Fave Series - explain
Fave game in the series - explain
Don't like game in the series (if have) - explain

Not so good Series - explain.

--then you can add a little more..

Tnx!!...hehe,,,

Shinigami357

Current "give a fuck" level: Honey Badger
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I vote Final Fantasy. Sadly Enough, Sony and their crackpot "more is better ideology" has killed the series. It was better back in the old skool Nintendo days.

Infinite Zero

Almost!
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
United States
XXLANCEXX said:
RoMee said:
+1
final fantasy

People have their own opinion. Your likes aren't always the same as ours.

I vote for Pokemon as the best(but now? Not anymore, I think)
Others are Final Fantasy, , Dragon Quest, Shin Megami, Kingdom Hearts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte