Best Ipod Touch Screen protectors?

Discussion in 'iPhone, iPod & iPad' started by zeromac, Nov 27, 2011.

Nov 27, 2011
  1. zeromac
    OP

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Well I, luckily enough, was given a ITouch 4G for my birthday yesterday and I've already began tinkering with it. Sadly, it's on iOS 5 already so I, like many others will have to wait for a untethered jailbreak..

As per anything with a touch screen that I get, I always get screen protectors for it ASAP, since I didn't have the time yesterday, I'm planning on going out today to get a pair.
    What are the best screen protectors for it? I remember a brand starting with H

2. zeromac
    OP

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Ah I was thinking of Hori and that's only for NDS and PSP :)

I think i'll try and find some Zagg InvisibleSheild ones here in Aus, any Aussies know if any stores stock them or any other good screen protectors/cases?

3. kthnxshwn

Banned kthnxshwn Banned

United States
    Invisible Shield is horrible, as far as screen protectors go. They use a water based solution to apply the shield, and after awhile the tint becomes purple which means you either deal with it, buy a new, or take it off. If you're looking for the perfect blend of quality and protection, get a Power Support one. It should also be noted that if you're new to this whole thing, anti-glare protectors make the screen grainy and add a nice matte coating feel, if you want that. I would go for crystal as it keeps the crystal, pristine look of the iPod screen, which protecting the screen.

Also, the iPod Touch 4G (along with iPhone 4, 4S) use gorilla glass for the front screen. Meaning, a scratch is highly unlikely, but can happen.

4. Coconut

Member Coconut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Netherlands
    You really don't need one. I had one too, but it was annoying. Not a single scratch to be seen. Just keep it in a case and you're good.

5. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    +1 to using a case and not a screen protector.
    Edit: incidentally, that's what I'm going to do with the iPod Touch I just bought.