Homebrew Best homebrew for the Wii U?

D

Deleted User

Man, I've said it before and will again. The wii u could be the perfect home for reicast and finally a platform to the dc justice. Retro arch is a waste of time for me, shoddy quick and dirty ports with next to no optimisation just botched together to get it working on a platform is the Dev equivalent of those dumb "first111!!!!11!!zomg" posts you see in comment sections.

Now I'd personally put up 50 bucks, as I'm sure others would, to see a dedicated reicast port on the wii u as it would be quite awesome.
  • Kodi
  • Video player
  • Music Visualizer
  • Customizable CFW
That's all I need to transform my Wii U into a damn multimedia machine. (I mostly watch movies on this thing and Wii U can easily play videos in 1080p@60fps so why not?

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Man, I've said it before and will again. The wii u could be the perfect home for reicast and finally a platform to the dc justice. Retro arch is a waste of time for me, shoddy quick and dirty ports with next to no optimisation just botched together to get it working on a platform is the Dev equivalent of those dumb "first111!!!!11!!zomg" posts you see in comment sections.

Now I'd personally put up 50 bucks, as I'm sure others would, to see a dedicated reicast port on the wii u as it would be quite awesome.
Just a friendly reminder that if RetroArch didn't happen; the Wii U emulation scene would consist entirely of this.

Failed to fetch tweet 775627217787203584

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What are your must have apps?
What I do have now, is the one app that lets you use HID controllers like ps3/ps4 controllers on the system, can you say Pokken tournament and Super smash bros with Arcade fight stick? :P

Another I use is the FTPII everywhere, honestly I just wish the homebrew for file manager exist already. Much like wiixplorer. Other than that I would like more NON RETROARCH emulators like the ones already on wii snes9xGX,(With MSU-1 and rewind Support) FCEUGX Genesis plus (With 32X support) And others. :)

Honestly I don't have much homebrew on wii u, I do have more on v wii.

Trophies
Website
heyquark.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ooh! Fun! Anywhere to follow progress? :P
I tweet images of it failing every now and again, though I'm trying not to make much of a fuss about it since I'm breaking new ground in terms of my skill set. I'm actutely aware of the sense of "I've never done anything like this before" over the project. Having @rw-r-r_0644 on board helps out a lot; but I'm trying not to get too many hopes up.
Looks simple.
Can't tell if sarcasm (lol). 'Twas a NES emulator; the CPU of which has 255 opcodes. At the rate of 1 opcode per 4 hours, that's 63.75 weeks if I sink 8 hours a day into it for 2 days a week. That means I'd be due to finish around the 3rd of December this year. That's just for the CPU.
Thank God for RetroArch.

D

Deleted User

How Is the quality of emulation on retro arch for wii u and which platforms does it emulate perfectly? Is there a noticeable leap in quality from the wii side emulators?
It can emulate NES, SNES, Mega Drive, Sega CD, Gameboy, dosbox (partially), c64 (idk) and i think 2-4 other cores work just fine.
Current unplayable cores are Doom, PSX and N64.

Deleted member 42501

OP
Trophies
XP
So wack in reality then as all of these were already perfect on Wii ergo there is no optimization at all that takes advantage of the WiiUs extra power.

This quick and dirty "look retroarch is running (like ass) on my toaster" culture is so crap as its just about being first and not about tuning the experience.

Where the Wii U devs at? Anyone wanna get paid for a perfect port of Reicast? I know I'd happily throw down 50 bucks and I'm pretty sure others would contribute too...

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Asking what the best homebrew is for the wiiu is like asking someone who the hottest woman in the world is everyone will have a different answer lol what I like others may hate ect. Anyway the only acceptable answer to the question of who is the hottest woman in the world is Australian actress Demi Harman lol
article-0-1C8B69FD00000578-372_634x741.jpg

Reactions: Ryccardo

Master-Killua

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Idk why Wii can emulate ps1 and other emulators perfectly (psp does it too) and Wii U, a console that is powerful and have better ram/graphics/1080p can't.
And why the wii have more apps

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country
Idk why Wii can emulate ps1 and other emulators perfectly (psp does it too) and Wii U, a console that is powerful and have better ram/graphics/1080p can't.
And why the wii have more apps

The Wii was much more popular, most emulators for the Wii U don't have any optimisation, and the PSP could run PS1 games natively.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
it goes up to snes and genesis, anything after that doesnt work or its just too slow like ps1 or n64, so yeah until 16 bit consoles only.

imo the only homebrews worthwhile for me are cbhc(instant sig patches on boot) and retroarch.
I think the only way to have good emulations on Wii U (except Virtual Consoles) is all the good emulators on Wii and vWii.

There is a PS1, N64 and others emulators on Wii and vWii.

Last edited by HRudyPlayZ,

Super1710

Trophies
XP
Country
I wonder if it would be possible to set the resolution on vwii to 720p or 1080p, then there'd be much less need for emulators.

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't know for 1080p but i think we can have 720p on the wii.
impossible.. the vwii uses the GX chip wich is limited to 480p instead of using the wiiu one GX2 becuase the codding is extremely diferent, you would have to run vwii in wiiu mode kinda like nintendont runs gc in wiimode but that would be much harder due to gx2 codding being very very diferent.

HRudyPlayZ

Developer, Gamer and Power User.
Trophies
XP
Country
France
impossible.. the vwii uses the GX chip wich is limited to 480p instead of using the wiiu one GX2 becuase the codding is extremely diferent, you would have to run vwii in wiiu mode kinda like nintendont runs gc in wiimode but that would be much harder due to gx2 codding being very very diferent.
Yeah but we can have hdmi that have a better resolution... (See some gamecube's and wii's accessories..)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf