Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IOwnAndPwnU said:
Get the EZFlash3-in-1.
GBA + RAM (for Browser) + Rumble
there is no built in support in the m3r for the 3-in-1
and since he he one it would be pointless to get something that doesnt work when there is something available with a better features and built in support

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zhuzhuchina said:
hello, is the m3 gba pack only compatible with m3 real or even with other cards? the m3 gba pack is same as ewin one or not? i know ewin made a gba pack with gba and opera support
you need to use GBA ExpLoader if you want to use it with other carts, just like the 3-in-1
as far as the ewin goes, the review here does say that built in support will work however I think they removed that ability with a firmware update also you dont get RTS or RTC

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Joe88 said:
you need to use GBA ExpLoader if you want to use it with other carts, just like the 3-in-1
as far as the ewin goes, the review here does say that built in support will work however I think they removed that ability with a firmware update also you dont get RTS or RTC
Yes, this is true.....
To get THE BEST support from M3, just go with the official M3 GBA expansion.....there is nothing better you could get....
and don't listen to IOwnAndPwnU, he actually doesn't know what he's talking about, he just saw that everybody else are recommending EZ 3-in-1 for other carts, but it's not so good for M3 Like GBA expansion..

gforums

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey there...
normally I have the GBA Expansion card always put in slot2, altough I don't use it really often.
Does it also drain battery life when just beeing put in without using it?

thank you!

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yes, it's been reported few times already....
And some tempers even did some test, and result was that slot 2 carts drain battery power even if not used.....not so much like when in use, but the DO..

Sumea

Disco Ninja Frog
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
By the way, according to review, EWIN expansion is taken as GBA expansion by M3, somehow they just are the same - or something, but M3 GUI was combatiple with Ewin O.o

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Yeah, I just noticed all of a sudden they say that M3 GBA expansion is actually Ewin slot 2....but I never heard it before....also, few people said that their ewin expansions work with M3 Reals, but they don't offer extra features like cheats and RTS, but M3 GBA expansion has them!!

Lord Kanti

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well Im bumping this old thread becaue I own an M3 Sakura and 3n1 and both work with all of the 3n1 features.

now I had to make/add several files to make the two cards work with eachother, do I have to do anything like that with the m3 gba pack?

Also my understanding is that the m3 GBA expansion is PSRAM only and that the game will be wiped as soon as the power is switched off; is this correct?

the reason Im asking is that I was going to sell my m3 and buy a cyclo, but my buyer wants the M3 and the 3n1 (for a very nice price) so now Im thinking I will buy another M3 and an m3 gba expander and save some dough.

m3 and 3n1 is a nice combo IF:

you don't like swaping out the slot two cards AND
m3 gba expander has no NOR ram, having the game still intact after a shut down is very nice.

~~~~~~~~~~~

one more thing, with the m3 gba expander, will SNES emus pick up the slot two as added ram like it does with the 3n1, or not?

carterman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the M3 Real, the GBA expansion is automatically detected and anything that uses its functions (minus the Web Broswer, which has to be patched to support other RAM pakcs) is supported automatically. This includes homebrews that use the RAM pack, and also works if you use M3 Sakura.

Also, if you have an M3 Perfect, the Real can use that as an expansion pack as well (because the difference between the M3 Perfect models and the M3 GBA Expansion appears to just be the card reader and internal loader to boot on its own that the M3 GBA Expansion doesn't have) in both Sakura and Real firmwares.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
superbob said:
Toni Plutonij said:
Yes, I thought so.....I think they are not the same carts, but they have same functionality...
I thought M3 GBA Exp had RTC but ewin didn't ?
That is completely true..I wanted to say that both M3 Expansion and eWin has same functionality when used with other carts, but when used in M3 Real, official expansion gets extra features.

yokomoko

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I use an EZ 3in1 expanison pack with a DS Real, will I be able to use all the same features that the DS Real+GBA Expansion have together? I mean stuff like the real time save feature, using cheats and being able to directly load GBA roms from the DS Real menu(instead of using GBAexploader).

I ask because I already have a 3in1 and don't wanna shell out $25 for the M3 GBA expansion if the 3in1 can still use RTS, etc. in conjunction with the DS Real.

Thanks up front.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
No you won't
frown.gif

Only official M3 Reals GBA Expansion will allow you to use GBA cheats and RTS!

Azrels

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I am going to buy a M3 with GBA expasion too and got some questions.

After save the game, (through RTS save or in-game save that don't matter to me) will it be erased after turn off the Ds?

If Yes is there anything that fix it?

If No how much saves can I have?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
you can keep only 1 save on the expansion, but every time you start the m3real after playing a gba game it will copy the save to your microSD.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
thedicemaster said:
you can keep only 1 save on the expansion, but every time you start the m3real after playing a gba game it will copy the save to your microSD.
Exactly.

Actually, it's recommended that every time you finish playing, you turn off and then on your NDS (and go into menu), so that savefile is moved from temporary memory on the Expansion into the microSD!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :unsure: