Homebrew Emulation Best GBA Emulator on 3DS?

Nope56332978

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play GBA games on my hacked 3DS but the two emulators I’ve tried are not the greatest. mGBA is one. It gets the job done but has iffy sound quality. The one in Twilight Menu fixes the audio problem but completely screws up the visuals. Any ideas?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Did you bother to search before asking your question..?

Your only options aside from what you've mentioned is open_agb_firm or Virtual Console injects. These are both identical in functionality and differ only in regards to their interface. They're not really emulation as they run code natively on the 3DS hardware – which means you can't use savestates or any fancy fast-forward features that you would expect in emulators nowadays.

open_agb_firm is somewhat preferable, but does not provide convenient Home menu icons, if that's what you want.

I'm not sure why TWiLight Menu (or more precisely GBARunner2) should screw up the visuals. It might depend on the particular game you are trying to run.

Reactions: CoolMe

Pin1988

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As @Kwyjor stated: open_agb_firm or virtual console injection. No fancy emulator features but therefore perfect compatibility and performance because it'll both run on agb_firm which basically let's the 3DS run as a GBA afaik

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :tpi::rofl2: +1