Best FlashCart for DSi XL

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by sheppy1, Feb 27, 2010.

Feb 27, 2010

Best FlashCart for DSi XL by sheppy1 at 2:44 AM (13,424 Views / 0 Likes) 16 replies

1. sheppy1
    OP

Newcomer sheppy1 Member

United Kingdom
    Hi guys I'm new here so go easy on me lol. Anyway, I know the DSi XL has not been released yet so you guys won't be able to give me any exact answers but I have mine on pre-order and will be collecting it next week and I was just wondering which FlashCarts are most likely going to work with it? I mean if it's going to be running firmware 1.4 then I assume all current ones that work with the DSi will work with the XL without any problems but what if it's released it has a newer, higher firmware update on it, which card is going to be the best bet then, I mean I don't want to go and purchase a card that will only work with 1.4, I need to know if there are any FlashCarts out there that will work with all updates as they are released, does such a card exist? Thanks

2. Jakob95

Suspended Jakob95 I am the Avatar

United States
    Acekard 2i. Use the search button next time. If you want RTS features than the Supercard DSone or M3i Zero. If you want GBA compatibility too than the Supercard DStwo(not released yet.)

3. sheppy1
    OP

Newcomer sheppy1 Member

United Kingdom
    Ok sorry, I will do next time. Thanks for the super fast reply though, I'll do some research on them both and see which one I prefer

4. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    you can also refer to the front page news
    there is a poll going on which is the best flash cart [​IMG]

however, take note not all flash cart we discuss there is DSi compatible
    and
    make sure the flash cart you are about to get must be DSi FW 1.4 compatible (hopefully, we won't see any new update from nintendo until then)
    otherwise, is a long long process for you

5. sheppy1
    OP

Newcomer sheppy1 Member

United Kingdom
    Ok cool, thanks for that, I didn't even notice that poll and yea hopefully they won't release a new firmware update when it gets released over here otherwise I will be stuffed then

6. sheppy1
    OP

Newcomer sheppy1 Member

United Kingdom
    Think I've pretty much settled on getting the Acekard 2i, I just hope it works with the XL *Fingers Crossed*

7. elixirdream

Member elixirdream GBAtemp Legend

Malaysia
    yeah, just make sure you come back here always to check the front news [​IMG]
    enjoy and have fun

8. sheppy1
    OP

Newcomer sheppy1 Member

United Kingdom
    Oh I will, don't worry. I've bookmarked the forum anyway and I am currently making my way though the forums, reading the threads and news etc. Just trying to catch up on what I've missed of the last year, see I had a DSL originally and used an R4 card when they were the only ones available, I sold my DS, come back a year later and everyone is saying not to buy the R4 cards and now there are about 20 other cards on the market lol, very confusing and I don't have a lot of time to read up on them all and make my decision, just glad I found this forum as it's saved me a lot of time and effort

9. sheppy1
    OP

Newcomer sheppy1 Member

United Kingdom
    Scratch that, I've made my decision

10. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    Why don't you try reading the threads stickied at the top instead of making people repeat what has been posted thousands of times before.

It's 99% likely that they will come with 1.4FW. These DSi XL's would have left Nintendo's factories many weeks ago. They would have had to start producing XL's destined for the UK in China atleast 2-3 months ago in order to have them ready for the release date, hence why they will more than likey be 1.4FW.

11. warmijwilfaain

Member warmijwilfaain War Mage MILF

United Kingdom
    Okay, just bumping this thread to double check.

Have flashcarts been confirmed to work with European DSi XLs? Jw.

12. nitrostemp

Member nitrostemp GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    im sure they will too bad if you buy a dsi xl and an acekard and they block it, you will have to find a ds lite to upgrade the cards firmware

13. jabjab

Member jabjab GBAtemp Fan

United States
    running 1.4E so i assume so

14. SLiV3R

Member SLiV3R 3DS Friend Code: 0473-9069-2206

Sweden
    so, have anyone tried if the EU verison of DSi XL works with flashcarts?

15. lenselijer

Member lenselijer GBAtemp Maniac

Netherlands
    yes, all DSi 1.4 cards work (tested R4i-Gold, DSTTi, iEdge, EZ-Flash Vi)

Best card is the EZ-Flash Vi, all games work, also the new sonic one without any arm patches or loader tricks.

16. nintendough

Member nintendough Advanced Member

United States
    So which one is the best one to pick up now? There are a few options but I figured I'd get advice here since I have heard rumblings about M3's support being bad (I have a M3 DS Real for my Lite, picking up an XL soon)...

17. DeltaBurnt

Member DeltaBurnt I'm bored

United States
    http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=217593