Best Flash Card Etc. For...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by xGaladx, Feb 14, 2011.

Feb 14, 2011

Best Flash Card Etc. For... by xGaladx at 4:43 PM (1,137 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. xGaladx
    OP

Newcomer xGaladx Newbie

United States
    Hey there Im new to the whole flash cart thing but I've been studying up about it a bit and am very interested now in getting my hands on one..but I have a few questions to ask if anyone could please answer if you know, First I mainly just want to play ONE game as I have basically all the DS games I want to play, But I am wanting to play Soma Bringer Translated, What is the best flash card to play this specific game? Could I use my same save file From the ROM if i put it on a flashcard,like will the save game i made be transfered with it? and is it even possible to get Soma Bringer In english on the flashcard or is it only possible to get the japanese game version?

Thanks in advance.

2. Balee56

Member Balee56 GBAtemp Regular

Hungary
    Buy an original R4 if you have a DS/DS Lite.
    If you have DSi/XL buy Acekard 2i.

I used my Platinum save file from emulator and it worked on the Acekard,but I think it will work on R4 too.

3. AkiroWolfman

Member AkiroWolfman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I don't know I would actually get the Acekard 2i even if you have a normal DS/DS Lite. I find it has full compatibility with all the games I have ever tried on it and it has yet to let me down. It would be handy if you ever upgraded to a DSi also and even somebody else could use it within their own DS.

4. Wizerzak

Member Wizerzak Because I'm a potato!

United Kingdom
    r4 with wood is better though as it has very frequent updates and great compatibility with new games.....unless you have dsi/xl then either r4i gold with wood or ak2i

5. Qtis

Member Qtis Grey Knight Inquisitor

Antarctica
    All translations should work on Flashcarts if it is correctly composed and made (and the original works on the cart, which usually isn't a problem). If it is faulty originally, it won't work, but I think that isn't the case here.

AK2i is a basic featured flashcart that does the job of running games but not much after that. If you want something with more potential, go for the DSTwo or CycloDS (i)Evolution. They have more features like RTS (Real Time Save, ie Save States), slow motion, etc. A good place to get reference on different features is this topic: Beginner's guide to flashcarts by Ryukouki.

-Qtis

6. AkiroWolfman

Member AkiroWolfman GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Well each to his own. Its actually good there are that many flashcards around it gives you a much bigger choice when it comes to what you need

7. shooey

Newcomer shooey Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have personally just purchased the iEDGE from Xpertron.

8. Evo.lve

Member Evo.lve All that you could be.

Australia
    Is this an uberlame attempt to advertise?

Because hey, you're bumping old threads JUST to get a name known.