Hacking Best "Faulty" DS version to Buy for Repair?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Getting a DS Lite is the best solution I can think of - most are affected by broken hinges and all it takes is getting a nice case for them. In addition, the DS Lite has a GBA slot while DSi Mode doesn't give a lot of benefits unless you have DSiHax installed. You'll get the most bang for the buck if you get a DS Lite, a DSTwo to go with it and optionally a SLOT-2 cart for GBA support and/or extra RAM.

By the way... why do you specifically want a broken one? They're not really that expensive these days anymore, y'know. ;)

ncc74656m

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting a DS Lite is the best solution I can think of - most are affected by broken hinges and all it takes is getting a nice case for them. In addition, the DS Lite has a GBA slot while DSi Mode doesn't give a lot of benefits unless you have DSiHax installed. You'll get the most bang for the buck if you get a DS Lite, a DSTwo to go with it and optionally a SLOT-2 cart for GBA support and/or extra RAM.

By the way... why do you specifically want a broken one? They're not really that expensive these days anymore, y'know. ;)

Well, the broken one was $15. Sure, figure an extra $10 or so for the replacement case, but that's hardly that bad, IMO, since there was good odds I'd do that anyway, unless whatever I got was pristine, which I'm probably going to spend a whole lot more for. Turns out my initial hunch was right, as was my followup one when I actually received the device.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ntjkwIXWtrc&ab_channel=Apple I feel uncomfortable from watching...