Best Dsi Flash Card

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by mrod97, Jul 2, 2010.

Jul 2, 2010

Best Dsi Flash Card by mrod97 at 10:04 PM (2,058 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. mrod97
    OP

Newcomer mrod97 Newbie

United States
    I was just wondering what dsi flash card is the best.

2. Countbisquit

Newcomer Countbisquit Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    This is really being asked AGAIN? Personally, I'd say AK2i, but it really depends what you want it to do. Maybe SCDS2 will be the best, once Evo is fully completed with the emulation, ect.

3. tk_saturn

Member tk_saturn GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    As a basic cart which excels at playing games the Acekard 2i is very popular, it has great compatibility and is the cheapest realistic DSi cart. The thing to remember is the Acekard 2i requires a firmware update to be compatible with DSi FirmWare 1.4, which is the firmware any new DSi or DSi XL will have. The firmware update can only be performed using a DS Lite or DS Phat. If you don't have one of them to update it, you can purchase it from somewhere like ShopTemp and they will update it before shipping for an additional $1 (select the premium update option when you add it to the basket) It's the most popular DSi cart at the moment.

The DSTWO has many additional features such as Real time save, Real time cheats, Real time guide, GBA Emulation (it has an additional built in processor for this). It also has DivX and SNES emulation in the works. They are due to release the Software Development Kit, which will likely lead to some improved homebrew/ emulators. They downside is that it's $20 more expensive, and it's built in processor reduces battery life slightly. Given time it should easily be the best cart. Unlike the Acekard, it's firmware can be updated on any DSi.

If you want something middle of the road, you have the EZ-Flash Vi or the DSONEi. They have Real Time Save like the DSTWO, but lack the GBA emulation, DIVX etc,

Whatever you do, do not buy any R4i carts. They are all clones, and have very poor support/ compatibility.

4. Nobunaga

Member Nobunaga Empty

Greece
    DSTWO is the best gba emulation no need to patch roms etc and many apps coming like ireader [​IMG]

5. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    Most people would probably say the Acekard 2i is the best for it's price and simplicity whilst the Supercard DStwo is best for it's value and wealth of functions, and homebrew potential.

6. viz

Member viz neckbeard

United States
    i prefer DSTWO

acekard 2i isnt a bad choice either, with AKAIO being awesome

7. riverchen

Member riverchen GBAtemp Fan

United States
    M3 if you want RTS and RTG and stuff like that, but no emu. AK2i for games.

8. Centimetro

Member Centimetro GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Supercard DS Two