Best DS Book Reader?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Retrievil, Sep 22, 2009.

Sep 22, 2009

Best DS Book Reader? by Retrievil at 9:31 AM (1,352 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Retrievil
    OP

Member Retrievil GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    I just switched to an AK2i, so I have lost the excellent ebook reader that was in the extended menu on my M3 Perfect SD slot-2 FC.

I've been using Readmore, but it's slow as hell compared to what I was using, and the font is not nearly as good.

Is Readmore the best I can do or is there something better? It has to read .txt, though html would be nice too, and have the mode where you hold the ds sideways like a book.

2. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Have you tried DSReader?

ReadMore's fonts are changeable to any Anti-aliased font, have you tried any other than the default.

ALso have a go with DSOrganize (use the latest 3.1 release not 3.2) for reading text and HTML files

3. popoffka

Member popoffka GBAtemp Fan

Latvia
    Try DSLibris, i think it's the best
    The only problem is that you have to convert books to .xhtml, but I've done a convertor, so it's also not a problem.

4. RupeeClock

Member RupeeClock Colors 3D Snivy!

United Kingdom
    I use Moonshell 2's text reader.
    I especially like that you can adjust the cleartype and fontsize, although it is limited by a certain number of lines/characters.
    You can listen to music at the same time too.

5. Porkdish

Member Porkdish GBAtemp Fan

Australia
    DSLibris now supports epub as well as xhtml. Its always been the best looking and easiest to read from, now its even better.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/ndslibris/files/