Best controller for all games?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by GamerFreak29, Mar 29, 2017.

1. GamerFreak29
    OP

GamerFreak29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Hello, this is my first time posting on GBAtemp although I have used this site in the past to get help by reading other posts. I am going to be picking up a Wii U soon since they're dirt cheap now that the switch is out... Since I will be modding the wii u and using it for gamecube, wii, and ofcourse wii u games. I was hoping I could get 1 controller that would work for all of them. Wii games aren't that important to me however so I would mainly use it for gamecube and wii u. With this in mind I initially thought that a pro controller would work, however it doesn't have analog triggers and so it wouldn't work with mario sunshine :C I'm not sure if the PDP Fight Pad has analog triggers but if it does than I will most likely go with that one, so if anybody here knows please let me know! Otherwise if you know of other controllers that work please suggest them to me! :) I know I could get the mayflash adapter and an offical GC controller but from what I've heard I can only use that for SB4 on wii u and I would like to use the controller I choose for wii u and GC. Thanks everyone! Apologies if this is posted in the wrong section!

2. Sick Wario

Sick Wario Club Nintendo

Jul 24, 2006
    NNID: godrugal
    avoid the PDP Fight Pad. it is woeful compared to the hori gamecube controllers

3. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    You could get a GC controller and a GC to Classic Controller adapter.
    Also, the official GC adapter works with GC games in Nintendont and can be used in Wii U games that use the gamepad through HID to VPAD but only as player 1.
    Or you can get an original Classic Controller.
    I'm afraid there aren't a lot of other options since most controllers don't have analog triggers.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye, Mar 29, 2017
    GamerFreak29 likes this.
  4. GamerFreak29
    OP

GamerFreak29 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 19, 2015
    United States
    Thanks guys! Do you know if the PDP controller has analog triggers? I'm not fussy with controller layout but I would like to have analog triggers, if it doesn't I'll just do what The Real Jdbye suggested

5. wolfmankurd

wolfmankurd GBAtemp Regular

Jul 20, 2013
    I use the Hori controller, I had some input lag with the gamecube controller but I suspect I had a non-official GC to classic adapter

6. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
  7. Captain_N

Captain_N GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 29, 2010
    United States
    just use and official gamecube controller. they are all over amazon.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice