Best Console to mod?

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Eclipse01, Jun 13, 2009.

Jun 13, 2009

Best Console to mod? by Eclipse01 at 12:14 AM (7,363 Views / 0 Likes) 10 replies

1. Eclipse01
    OP

Newcomer Eclipse01 Advanced Member

United States
    Is the Wii the best "modable" system?

2. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    People say the original XBox makes a better media player, but the Wii is so easy to mod and you can get a lot out of it.

3. Eclipse01
    OP

United States
    I was thinking it would be down to the Xbox/Dreamcast/Wii

but wasn't sure

4. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Xbox 1 is the best for media playing with XBMC. Wii is best for homebrew variety.

5. oxMUDxo

Member oxMUDxo GBAtemp Fan

United States
    My Top 10.

1. Xbox = Best for Movies, Best for Emulators and Best for booting xbox game ISO from Hard Drive!!
    I love my Xbox..

2. Wii = Its starting to do everything the Xbox can and it only getting better..[​IMG] Soon Wii will be #1.

3. PSP = You got to ament if you have a PSP running Custom Firm Ware you love it!! Grate apps, runs PSP ISOs and there are some grate emulators for it Ohh, it plays back up PS1 games too.[​IMG]

4. PS2 = You can play back ups a number of ways Swap Trick, HDD Loader, etc. Plays Emulators from USB card or disc and they still make games for the PS2..

5. DreamCast = It plays back ups with out modding!!! You just need a boot disc for some games..
    It has some good emulators that run off disc but no HD and cool apps brings it down on my list.

6. Sega CD = Plays back up cd with no modding aka burn and play, its the easyest.

7. Panasonic 3DO FZ-1 = just plays back ups cds with no modding. Its kinda hard to find the FZ-1 but I got one, Yeah!!!

8. PS1 = Swap Trick works to play back ups "no moding" if you glue the hatch lid button down, but swap trick harms the PS1, its better to use the PSP to play PS1 backups.

9. Xbox 360 = You can mod these to play back up 360 games but you need to take it apart and it voids the warnety
    Pluse I never seen a Xbox 360 work for more than 1 year if you play it on a day to day basics..

10. PC = I realy cant call it modding but it should be here I feal...
    Hell it can do everything if you have the money, thats the big draw back.lol.

6. Eclipse01
    OP

United States

The xbox will always have something over the Wii for media play, the Xbox can display HD media (720p) and the Wii maxes out at 480p

7. Alexrose

Member Alexrose Untitled

United Kingdom
    But the wii can play backups, usb backups, do guitar hero/rock band customs and install wiiware/vc wads and quite a few emulators without chipping and all you need is an SD card. (Plus blank dvds/usb harddrive obviously).

8. funnystory

Banned funnystory Banned

United States
    xbox1 no contest

9. ThatDudeWithTheFood

Member ThatDudeWithTheFood TRIANGLEZ

United States
    xbox can play backups it can play them off an internal hd guitar hero wasnt out when the xbox was alive wiiware is for wiis before bannerbomb you needed a game just like the xbox with a hacked save the xbox and the wii are very close but now its the xbox wii is second

10. jphriendly

Member jphriendly GBAtemp Fan

United States
    +1 for the original Xbox.

Not much that that thing can't do...Throw a softmod with a 500+GB HDD in there and it's basically a museum of older systems (even PS1!). The emulators are (mostly) pretty perfect, especially the Xport ones. Combine it with XBMC, and you have the best modded console possible..IMO.

I wouldn't trade mine for anything! [​IMG]

11. wiiman123

Member wiiman123 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    xbox 1 is still on top. Wii has a lot to do to catch up. Even the game quality is much better, more hardcore gamer oriented.