Best Comics/Graphic Novels

Discussion in 'General Off-Topic Chat' started by tagzard, Sep 23, 2011.

1. tagzard
    OP

tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

Banned
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    Chicago Illinois
    I have been reading Scott Pilgrim books and I like them so far (my new screen saver for my ipod as Ramona!!!). But I know I will finish them soon...

Sooo.... Can you guys recommenced me any comics/graphic novels? My type of comics/graphic are the ones like Scott Pilgrim.

2. tagzard
    OP

tagzard Tagzard the Crazy Dinosaur with Wings.

Banned
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    Chicago Illinois
    Wow. NO answer?

3. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    Probably because this is the wrong section.

4. DarkStriker

DarkStriker GBAtemp's Kpop lover!

Mar 15, 2009
    Norway
    NIKU!
    Graphic novel? Saya no Uta.... Right your to young for that...

5. Oveneise

Oveneise GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 22, 2010
    United States
    Minnesota
    I'm really enjoying Negima right now - own the first 20 books and am currently on the 7th. Azumanga Daioh is great and is only 4 volumes long. Omamori Himari is pretty good too. Hyper Police is awesome and really funny - and has a VERY likable lead character. Gotta love them catgirls. Ranma 1/2 is great. Lucky Star is good too, but is made to only be enjoyed in short doses - I read once read the first 2 books in one sitting and got sick of it - but its great to read like before you go to school, when you're taking a dump (yeah, tmi, I apologize) and other things of that nature. Lupin III is great and the artstyle is like MAD - lot of sex and F-bombs though, be forewarned. Chobits is a staple in the manga genre. Haruhi-Chan is very funny and the manga is better than the animation, imo. I have the first 3 volumes and each one evokes much laugher and feelings of fuzzy warmth - but you can only appreciate it if you've watched/read the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya. Yotsuba&! is BOSS. One of my favorites at the moment, and written by Kiyohiko Azuma, the creator of Azumanga Daioh. Dance in the Vampire Bund - as strange a plot as it has - is very interesting and the characters are very likable, and it has a distinct art style. Strawberry Panic is amazing, but the manga was never completely finished - and its a yuri. So if you want to read that, watch the anime first and then read the complete manga edition (because when I first read it, I was like "WHERE'S THE ENDING?!!). SGT FROG. For the love of god, read that series. So good I had to bring it to myself to get out to Half Price Books and buy all 20 of 'em. For 4-komas (4-panel) comics, besides Lucky Star, I'd reccommend K-On! and Ichiroh! (which, just to let you know, has a shojo-ai theme/yuri theme between the characters). Ah - what the heck. Here's a list of different manga series I own.
    OH! And even if it isn't Japan-created, BONE. Just read it.
    Warning: Spoilers inside!

6. Blood Fetish

Blood Fetish Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Nov 3, 2002
    United States
    The following have incredible writing. They aren't "over 9000, bankai" stuff, so if that is what you want you will not care for them.
    Watchmen
    Transmetropolitan
    Sandman
    Batman - The Killing Joke

7. Schizoanalysis

Schizoanalysis From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...

Jun 23, 2009
    Anything by Grant Morrison