Hacking Best cIOS Selection for Newbies

Kiel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oops, made a typo. Probably mixed it up while I was typing, since they're all numbers. My question after my bluedump question might not even apply anymore.

Basically, I did patch my ISO37 with the Trucha bug and I chose IOS36. That typo made all the difference, so my question really was what do I do next with the bluedump?

WiiBricker said:
2) Choose IOS249 (or your trucha patched IOS36 if you dont have any cIOS installed yet)
3) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. Choose IOS57 and let the Installer finish the job. If you dont have a Internet Connection, download a IOS57-64-v5661.wad via NUS Downloader and put it in the Root directory of your SD Card.

Per that step, I chose IOS36 since I didn't have any cIOS installed before. Now that I installed it, I'm up to step #4 and I'm not sure what to do with the bluedump program.

What are the directions with that, if I may ask?

KielAlso, just to be sure about BlueDump, I'm suppose to press A at System Titles, scroll down to IOS249 (or whatever it is), and then press 1 button? There I only see Backup Savedata option. If there was a pack wad option, then I press A? And that's it, nothing else, so I just shut off my Wii, move the ISO Wad to the Wad directory from my computer in my SD card (assuming the Wad IOS is saved to the SD card somewhere), and go on?.

Do I still go to ISO249 and is the wad pack option hidden somewhere?

Thanks!

Pixelbandit

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hey there first time installing cIOS have a few questions trying to install USB loader gx

I've completed these steps...

1) Launch cIOSX Installer rev19 via the Homebrew Channel
2) Choose IOS249 (or your trucha patched IOS36 if you dont have any cIOS installed yet)
3) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. Choose IOS57 and let the Installer finish the job. If you dont have a Internet Connection, download a IOS57-64-v5661.wad via NUS Downloader and put it in the Root directory of your SD Card.

My question is as I have installed IOS57 on my trucha patched IOS36 do any of these bellow steps need to change? e.g just keep following the steps with IOS249

One other question is my WAD directory on the root of my SD card? I think thats where you put wads

4) Now launch BlueDump Alpha3 via the Homebrew Channel
5) Go and find IOS249 in the System Titles and pack it to a Wad

6) Move your IOS249[57] Wad to your Wad directory

7) Now launch AnyTitle Deleter Mod via the Homebrew Channel
8) Go to System Titles and delete both, IOS249 and IOS250

9) Now launch cIOSX Installer rev19 via the Homebrew Channel
10) Choose IOS36
11) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. This time, choose IOS38 and let the Installer finish the job. If you dont have a Internet Connection, download a IOS38-64-v3867.wad via NUS Downloader and put it in the Root directory of your SD Card.

12) Lauch AnyTitle Deleter Mod and delete your IOS249.

13) Lauch Wad Manager via the Homebrew Channel.
14) Choose IOS250 and ignore the NAND emulation stuff. Browse through your Wad directory and install your dumped IOS249[57]-v19.wad.

Now we have IOS249[57] for USB loading and IOS250[38] for Wad Manager.

Cheers,

Pixel

PS. Sorry for being a noob have to start somewhere!!
yay.gif

Zhelkus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's worth mentioning that this selection of cIOSes is not recommended if you're using Configurable USB Loader... fyi. I know I am, and by installing Hermes' v5 i wasn't able to play Monster Hunter Tri untill I stepped down to v4.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zhelkus said:
I think it's worth mentioning that this selection of cIOSes is not recommended if you're using Configurable USB Loader... fyi. I know I am, and by installing Hermes' v5 i wasn't able to play Monster Hunter Tri untill I stepped down to v4.
Monster Hunter Tri works fine on v5 if you tell it to use 223.

also, cIOS installation guide by someone named Wii Bricker.... Thats about like a chiropractor named Dr. Pain XD

hetfield

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
IOS250[38]-v65535 (rev19 of Waninkokos cIOS) = Stable IOS with the ability to install Wads

This is not needed, IOS236 is already perfect for wadmanagers and all applications

IOS250[37]-v65535 is perfect for all Guitar Hero games, MH3 etc.

But that's just my eastern egg.
tongue.gif

KirinBlaze

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
9) Now launch cIOSX Installer rev19 via the Homebrew Channel
10) Choose IOS36
11) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. This time, choose IOS38 and let the Installer finish the job.

I keep getting an error right here as it tries to install the custom IOS. I've tried both the Network Installation and downloading the required wad from the NUSD downloader, both failed. Can anyone tell me why I might be getting this? I really need to fix this, if I can't then with my IOS249 and 250 gone I can't play any of the current backups I do have.

megatron_lives

Trophies
Website
www.enthalpynet.co.uk
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Liberty Posted Aug 4 2010, 10:02 PM
Update this guide, all you need is IOS56 for now.

Do you mean with cios rev20 with IOS56 as base or hermes rev 5?

EDIT - just answered my own question! Tried ios56 but am concerned about wiki support and instruments - haven't the time to test everything. So installed rev20 on ios37; slower loading though

M.Oosterloo

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hé People,

Introduction (might me irrelivant)
For ages now my Wii has been softmodded (so i gues not Truncha), back then i followed a guide on softmodding version 4.2E. Since then every now and then i downloaded a new Rev and installed then cause some games did not play or did not play properly. Everything seemed to work out just fine for me all the time untill i got Metroid Other M wich required a new rev (rev19). So easy sleasy as always i dloaded it and did the installation. Then i got the latest game of the guitar hero series (6 aka Warriors of rock), and i noticed the songs just started jabbing/skipping part every now and then, also on guitar games i used to play (eg: Metallica) and these worked fine before all this. (the reason i mention both getting Metroid and GH6 is bacause i did not try the GH games in between, but my gues is that Rev19 fcked it up altho i tried installing my previous rev again, and that did not solve the problem).

The Real problem!
Obviously looking for an solution for the problem above, i started looking on the internet. With in the back of my head knowing that this whole h*cking goes way further then my simple brain knew. Happy i was finding this list of best Ios's and stuff to install, i simply followed Wiibricker's guide as i always do. But now i seem to be stuck on step 11 (11) The Installer will ask you what base IOS you would like to choose. This time, choose IOS38 and let the Installer finish the job. If you dont have a Internet Connection, download a IOS38-64-v3867.wad via NUS Downloader and put it in the Root directory of your SD Card." Every time i run that step, it starts the installation but cuts off with an error messege saying: Install ERROR! (ret = -2011). Now i've seen this error messege in the threat before, yet no solution (i think because that was a truncha, and i'm not?). Now bacause i deleted cIOS249 (step8) i cannot boot my Configurable USB Loader and some other stuff.

Can anybody help me out? I would appreciate it bigtime!

Useable information
Firmware: 4.2E

Upfront, my appologies for messing with H*cks i should have looked for more information before i started messing around.
And my appologies for bad writing, i'm dyslectic with a non-english browser.

PPSainity

Blinded by Science
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@M.Oosterloo

You are correct, an -2011 error usually means that the IOS you are trying to use to install something does not have the Trucha aka Fakesign bug.

If you have the HBC v1.0.7+ installed then you can use the IOS236 Installer v4 (

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: btw i feel this a good time to remind you guys that sea of thieves was made by rare, who also...