PaulOnFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ok so im from OZ amd im thinking of gettin a Wii and gettin it modded. now the thing is ive heard some things about Pal Wiis getting modded and not being compatable with some NTSC games. Now im preaty sure this was a prob when the chips first came out. I know this cos ive got a friend who imported a NTSC Wii and one that got a local PAL Wii. Both got the same chips at the same time (Wiikey i think) but the guy with the PAL Wii has Problems with NTSC games. This happend a couple of months ago. Now is this still the case or is the prob fixed?? cos if it isnt then ill import a NTSC one.

So if anyone knows any diff between modded NTSC and PAL Wiis, problems or what they Pref, post a reply and let me know!

Thanks Dudes!!!!!

PaulOnFire

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Makes sense to me! but i posted it! what dont you understand????

Im from Australia.
I want to get a Wii and mod it!
Not too sure if i should get a PAL or NTSC one!
cos i heard PAL ones have Probs playin NTSC games
now i want to know if its true
or if its a old prob and been fixed
Any Mod chips anyone recomends for a PAL
or should i just go and import a NTSC one

is that more simple for ya??

nephdj

Trophies
XP
Country
sell ur aussie wii and get a japanese wii and mod it, seems the best way for aussies, wii are 400 shipped by UPS to aus from places like play-asia

means u can play all regions

Darkforce

DERP!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
No, there hasn't been any recent developments or fixes - PAL machines won't work with as many imported games, they play a lot of US releases but only a few Japanese titles work. See here for a compatibility list. All mod chips have the same compatiblity so it doesn't matter what one you choose.

smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/wCF3ywukQYA?si=6tm165dpnERzPwSX +1