Hacking best cfw ?

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello everyone,
i have ps3 slim with ferrow 4.81 cfw and i want to play ps2 games too, so checked internet and i saw webman, but i think i need cobra ferrox cfw for that.
so can i update ferrox 4.81 to cobra ferrox 4.81 directly ?
and can i continue using my games with multiman and same folder games format ?
basicly cobra is better than regular cfw ?
thanks for all helping :))

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest rebug FW. I avoided anything but Rogero back in the day and I regret not moving over when it was out. Rebug is pretty good and I believe it has cobra built in. As long as your CFW has QA flags disabled (I believe its this) you can update to any cfw you want. If not, then downgrading to 3.55 it is for you.... This wipes your hdd btw. I know this because I didnt back my crap up when I did it myself.

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I would suggest rebug FW. I avoided anything but Rogero back in the day and I regret not moving over when it was out. Rebug is pretty good and I believe it has cobra built in. As long as your CFW has QA flags disabled (I believe its this) you can update to any cfw you want. If not, then downgrading to 3.55 it is for you.... This wipes your hdd btw. I know this because I didnt back my crap up when I did it myself.

thanks for answer
basically rebug and cobra is better than regular cfw ?
im already on cfw 4.81 ferrox, can i update directly or how can i downgrade to 3.55 ?

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh man, I believe I have an old rogero 3.55 downgrader.PUP on my pc somewhere LOL
I might have deleted it. Just look and see if ferrox has QA flags disabled. If so then you should be fine to just put the rebug PUP on your usb and just update to it via xmb. Thats what I did!

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Oh man, I believe I have an old rogero 3.55 downgrader.PUP on my pc somewhere LOL
I might have deleted it. Just look and see if ferrox has QA flags disabled. If so then you should be fine to just put the rebug PUP on your usb and just update to it via xmb. Thats what I did!

i guess i need to downgrade first than i can update my console, thanks again...

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how can i check QA flags for ferrox, because i couldn't find downgrader program

I know nothing about ferrox.. Only rebug version that I know of. You can just upgrade it to rebug version.. Try Safe mode to upgrade it.. Just to be on safe side.

Lumince

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize. It's been so long since I've actually messed with my ps3. QA Flags need to be active to upgrade. And Ferrox has them enabled. So you should be fine. Just update through the main menu.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171005-152524.jpg
    Screenshot_20171005-152524.jpg
    371.1 KB · Views: 661

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks everyone, i installed rebug 4.81.2
and now i installed rebug toolbox 02.02.14 versiyon but it is not english, can someone help me to turn language to english or share a link for english versiyon ?

aytug25

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
everything is working but i cant use my original games, cant see games on menu and i can see it on multiman menu but this time it is a flashing image and when i click it it turns black screen and i have to reboot my console.
did i do something wrong ?
or my problem is from my game disc ?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
everything is working but i cant use my original games, cant see games on menu and i can see it on multiman menu but this time it is a flashing image and when i click it it turns black screen and i have to reboot my console.
did i do something wrong ?
or my problem is from my game disc ?

Did you open your PS3?

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I solved my problem ps3 games are working fine but i tried a ps2 game iso and it worked but screen was always flashing and PlayStation 2 written on background but game was working too, how can i fix that ?

How are you loading your ps2 isos? Through ps2 classics or multiman?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
the one i always use is Rebug.

i plan to buy a slim ps3 sometime soon , will then just put rebug on it.

to you fellas ,hows it holding up ?
my fat slim gets so loud after only 40 minutes of play and sometimes overheats.

i believe this happens with many of the slims too right ?

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf