Best CFW for dualboot with Gateway?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by blax722, Jan 28, 2016.

?

What is the best CFW?

1. ReiNand CFW

6 vote(s)
    35.3%
  2. rxTools

9 vote(s)
    52.9%
  3. CakesFW

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  4. Other: palantine, pasta...

1 vote(s)
    5.9%
  1. blax722
    OP

blax722 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2015
    So, I have N3DS (9.2) with GW emunand and I would like to setup some cfw, alongside with GWs emunand. I am kinda lost when it comes to these things. What one will be most beneficial with functions that gateway does not have? I am thinking about rxTools because of xorpads and overall it seems it have more features (that I am yet discover their funcion) than other CFWs.

1.) Will I have to setup second emunand? I guess it's yes for rxTools but CakesFW supports GW emunand AFAIK - what is it good for?

2) If I setup second emunand for CFW, will it have access to installed things on GW emunand? Is there anyway how to achieve it?

3) Does any of these CFWs allow me to play DS games? I am playing them on sysnand right now (because 2D pokemons are better than 3D ones)

TLDR: I am lost at differences between CFWs. Which one have functions that GW doesn't? What are the main differences between current CFWs?

I am sorry for making another thread of this kind, but I am really lost there. Thanks!

2. nintendolinky

nintendolinky GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 31, 2007
    1. No you wont
    2. No second emunand needed
    3. RXtools does make sure you install the hacked whitelist.

Add RXtools and Reinand to cfwboot and you can have and use as many CFW's as you want.

blax722 likes this.
  3. blax722
    OP

blax722 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 6, 2015
    No need of second emunand? Great. Last time I checked this someone was creating soft for putting several emunands in one SD.
    Are there any particular benefits of having rxTools AND ReiNand?

4. nintendolinky

Jul 31, 2007
    Currently im using Reinand and Gateway, gateway so i can use my card and reinand for full 10.5 compatibility

blax722 likes this.
  5. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    Depends. rxTools bring tools and region-free but no 9.5+ emuNand on N3ds, ReiNand brings 9.5+ emuNand support on N3ds. If you need all of that then yes, you 'll have benefits using both. Otherwise, you'll only need one CFW.

Last edited by Hayleia, Jan 28, 2016
    blax722 likes this.
  6. AceEvo55

AceEvo55 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    Full 10.5 compatibility? I'm fairly certain Gateway has full compatibility with 10.5 already, and did without a new launcher.

Gateway has region free though, doesn't it?

Overall, if you're on 10.5 emunand, your choice is made for you (you'll need reinand, because rxtools won't be supported by your emunand). I'd suggest reinand anyway though. The tools within rxtools can be acquired alternatively anyway, and ReiNand supports 10.5.

Last edited by AceEvo55, Jan 28, 2016
  7. nintendolinky

Jul 31, 2007
    Multirom doesnt work.. well for me it doesnt

8. LameNobody

LameNobody Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast

Jan 23, 2015
    Canada
    Make sure you're using the latest launcher, 3.7.1... It's working fine for me

9. nintendolinky

Jul 31, 2007
    Thought I was, i will take a look

10. AceEvo55

AceEvo55 GBAtemp Regular

Nov 3, 2015
    Canada
    Also working for me on 3.7.1

11. HarEllis6202

HarEllis6202 GBATemp OldFag

Feb 19, 2015
    United States
    Michigan
    Just my 2 cents having a n3dsxl and a 2ds with a o3dsxl on my old systems rxtools runs like butter but for some reason I couldn't get rxtools to work on my n3ds if it was a nightly or a stable build. On my n3ds I use reinand because it actually works for me and seems to boot a little faster than rxtools. But if you get rxtools to work link me to what build your using. I heard a new nightly is on git