Hacking Best CFW for dualboot with Gateway?

What is the best CFW?

• ReiNand CFW

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • rxTools

Votes: 9 52.9%
  • CakesFW

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Other: palantine, pasta...

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters

blax722

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So, I have N3DS (9.2) with GW emunand and I would like to setup some cfw, alongside with GWs emunand. I am kinda lost when it comes to these things. What one will be most beneficial with functions that gateway does not have? I am thinking about rxTools because of xorpads and overall it seems it have more features (that I am yet discover their funcion) than other CFWs.

1.) Will I have to setup second emunand? I guess it's yes for rxTools but CakesFW supports GW emunand AFAIK - what is it good for?

2) If I setup second emunand for CFW, will it have access to installed things on GW emunand? Is there anyway how to achieve it?

3) Does any of these CFWs allow me to play DS games? I am playing them on sysnand right now (because 2D pokemons are better than 3D ones)

TLDR: I am lost at differences between CFWs. Which one have functions that GW doesn't? What are the main differences between current CFWs?

I am sorry for making another thread of this kind, but I am really lost there. Thanks!

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
1. No you wont
2. No second emunand needed
3. RXtools does make sure you install the hacked whitelist.

Add RXtools and Reinand to cfwboot and you can have and use as many CFW's as you want.

Reactions: blax722

blax722

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No need of second emunand? Great. Last time I checked this someone was creating soft for putting several emunands in one SD.
Are there any particular benefits of having rxTools AND ReiNand?

Hayleia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are there any particular benefits of having rxTools AND ReiNand?
Depends. rxTools bring tools and region-free but no 9.5+ emuNand on N3ds, ReiNand brings 9.5+ emuNand support on N3ds. If you need all of that then yes, you 'll have benefits using both. Otherwise, you'll only need one CFW.

Last edited by Hayleia,
Reactions: blax722

AceEvo55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Currently im using Reinand and Gateway, gateway so i can use my card and reinand for full 10.5 compatibility

Full 10.5 compatibility? I'm fairly certain Gateway has full compatibility with 10.5 already, and did without a new launcher.

Depends. rxTools bring tools and region-free but no 9.5+ emuNand on N3ds, ReiNand brings 9.5+ emuNand support on N3ds. If you need all of that then yes, you 'll have benefits using both. Otherwise, you'll only need one CFW.

Gateway has region free though, doesn't it?

Overall, if you're on 10.5 emunand, your choice is made for you (you'll need reinand, because rxtools won't be supported by your emunand). I'd suggest reinand anyway though. The tools within rxtools can be acquired alternatively anyway, and ReiNand supports 10.5.

Last edited by AceEvo55,

rockbmi

Trophies
XP
Full 10.5 compatibility? I'm fairly certain Gateway has full compatibility with 10.5 already, and did without a new launcher.

Gateway has region free though, doesn't it?

Overall, if you're on 10.5 emunand, your choice is made for you (you'll need reinand, because rxtools won't be supported by your emunand). I'd suggest reinand anyway though. The tools within rxtools can be acquired alternatively anyway, and ReiNand supports 10.5.
Multirom doesnt work.. well for me it doesnt

Deleted member 361703

GBATemp OldFag
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Just my 2 cents having a n3dsxl and a 2ds with a o3dsxl on my old systems rxtools runs like butter but for some reason I couldn't get rxtools to work on my n3ds if it was a nightly or a stable build. On my n3ds I use reinand because it actually works for me and seems to boot a little faster than rxtools. But if you get rxtools to work link me to what build your using. I heard a new nightly is on git

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?