Best apps for TTDS?

Discussion in 'DSTT' started by theehman, Dec 10, 2008.

Dec 10, 2008

Best apps for TTDS? by theehman at 7:02 PM (2,579 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. theehman

Newcomer theehman Newbie

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I've purchased TTDS units for both my daughters As Xmas gifts and I want to load them w/ the software they would need to do the following:

MP3 playback
    video play back
    GBA games
    GBC games
    GB games
    DS games
    NES and SNES games

Any other cool and useful programs.

Any recommendations?
  2. Bri

Member Bri GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 25, 2007
    United States
    Moonshell will pay video (DPG format only) and MP3 files. To convert other formats to DPG on your PC, you'll want BatchDPG or Super.

GBA requires a slot 2 GBA expansion cart such as the EZFlash 3-in-1 (you'll also need a slot 2 GBA expansion cart if you want to run the Opera browser). You would then use GBA ExpLoader to load the GBA games to the GBA expansion cart.

There is plenty of information about DS games on these forums and on

The others require emulators, which you can find more information about here:

As far as homebrew, I enjoy Pocket Physics, and there is also a nice paint program called Colors. DSOrganize (use version 3.1129 as version 3.2 was never completed and is not stable) is also a must-have for manipulating files on your NDS (it also has lots of other utilities included). There are lots of other useful homebrew apps depending on what you want to do.

3. kobykaan

Member kobykaan GBAtemp Addict

Aug 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Would add here if like my kids that get fustrated with games being too hard ...and need to cheat games to get that bit further ... & if you have wifi then UsrCheatUp is a must .. then they can SELF UPDATE their own cheats without messing about with the PC [​IMG]

Agreed here with Bri ....COLORS is a cool program for kids to mess about drawing with its easy and quick to get to grips with... along with UAPaint which also is a good ds paint program that can also use inbuilt stampers to create their own works of art [​IMG]

Theres also World Of Sand DS my kids spend hours just messing about with the ds equivalent of the cool pc flash game [​IMG]