LeyendaV

The One and Only
Trophies
Website
heylink.me
XP
Country
Argentina
So I see that everyone links to this xda thread on installing android on a switch:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-install-android-on-your-switch-step-by-step.3952300/

Are there any other android builds that are considered better or run faster than this one?

Thanks in advance!
Not yet. Every Android build you will find out there will perform really really bad. There are a few projects in development, but you are gonna have to wait.
Aside from the novelty that is using Android on your console, is not recommendable to actually do it for now.

orangy57

bruh
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you look around a bit for a reddit thread, you can find a build of Android Q which by default has far better controller support and faster performance than Oreo.

Be warned though, there's this weird superiority complex with people that have the 250GB of space on their computer to build the latest version of Q versus the people that download community built images meaning that builds are pretty hard to find. The Switchroot team only wants people to compile their own builds, so naturally every person that fills a quarter of a Terabyte compiling one will try their best to stop the distribution of public builds with a "just compile it yourself here's a github link lul"

It's really counterproductive that Switchroot doesn't just push out Q, as if it was pushed even at its current state right now it would cut the amount of dumb user support questions they get in half since Oreo is still littered with old bugs which will never be fixed.

Last edited by orangy57,
Reactions: TheXpertXD

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
If you look around a bit for a reddit thread, you can find a build of Android Q which by default has far better controller support and faster performance than Oreo.

Be warned though, there's this weird superiority complex with people that have the 250GB of space on their computer to build the latest version of Q versus the people that download community built images meaning that builds are pretty hard to find. The Switchroot team only wants people to compile their own builds, so naturally every person that fills a quarter of a Terabyte compiling one will try their best to stop the distribution of public builds with a "just compile it yourself here's a github link lul"

It's really counterproductive that Switchroot doesn't just push out Q, as if it was pushed even at its current state right now it would cut the amount of dumb user support questions they get in half since Oreo is still littered with old bugs which will never be fixed.
250GB to end up with a file under 700MB. Although the problem is not really the space, but the learning curve to compile it, since not everyone has the ability to correctly install all the requirements. At least for me, I always come across an error that something is missing or that my system does not support certain functions to continue with the compilation.

Reactions: orangy57

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Id say this outstrips it

Only done minor testing, but its Pie(& even my build from months ago outdid Oreo).

The one above is much less buggy, more updated & supports 2ghz overclocking with magisk/kernal tweaker etc.

Idk about Q, but it still has too many bugs from my knowledge to be considered better atm, I don’t think you will find a Q build yet that compares to the latest Pie.
Open GL problems, docking problems & sleep waking problems. All pretty major flaws that need ironing out still.

Last edited by Basketto,

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Id say this outstrips it

Only done minor testing, but its Pie(& even my build from months ago outdid Oreo).

The one above is much less buggy, more updated & supports 2ghz overclocking with magisk/kernal tweaker etc.

Idk about Q, but it still has too many bugs from my knowledge to be considered better atm, I don’t think you will find a Q build yet that compares to the latest Pie.
Open GL problems, docking problems & sleep waking problems. All pretty major flaws that need ironing out still.

As I understand it, they decided to go Q because it is more friendly to Nvidia graphics. I must say some games removed a lot of the bugs I had in OREO.

Last edited by Imancol,

Basketto

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
As I understand it, they decided to go Q because it is more friendly to Nvidia graphics. I must say some games removed a lot of the bugs I had in OREO.

Pretty sure pie also had some unfixable bugs that were dependant on support that was needed from external sources, basically out of the developers hands to fix.
That build above though works well, definately better than any beta state Q build for now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: