best alternative to moto g?

Discussion in 'Android' started by migles, May 24, 2014.

1. migles
    OP

migles Mei the sexiest bae

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    my dad works for nintendo.
    i feel like i need a phone upgrade, currently i have a symbian phone and i wanted to get an android

i want good specs, to be able to play most games and run smooth apps\emulators etc

a friend recomend me moto G, which is inside my price range (200 ducks) and aparently is the best specs\price currently available, but i have 2 things which bothers me. no removable battery and no micro sd slot... (programmed obsolescence to much?)

maybe its asking to much, but i wanted a good android phone with good specs, a not mini\tiny screen (i have flat thumbs...) with removable battery and micro sd card...

i like to install apps to the sd card and keep my internal storage just for allways runing apps and i also like to remove the battery\change it when it's dead.

the phone i currently have was released on 2009/2010 so i'd like something which i dont need to replace so often... (still waiting for phone blocks to be released so i could "build it like a pc" :C) there is so many reasons i want to get rid of my current phone... (the shop closed, the battery is dead, my dog eated my charger wires and it is fixed with tape, the phone firmware is not stable.. bugs, lots of issues..)

2. dario14

dario14 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 25, 2014
    United States
    Not sure you're gonna do better than the moto g for $200. The moto e has removable storage I believe

3. migles
    OP

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    be note, i want an alternative in specs, not a close model...

so is the specs comparable? or moto g is like 2x more powerfull or even more?

4. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    The new 4G version of the Moto G that will be released on June 3rd in the US and June 30th in the UK will support removable microSDs. The battery remains non-removable, but with the pretty darn decent battery time you get from a Moto G that shouldn't be too much of an issue.

dario14 likes this.
  5. migles
    OP

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    after i made the post i did see that, thanks. i will get the 4g one probably, btw, i plan to buy it online, or from another country, how do i know if the 4g is the same version for my country?

6. Minox

Minox Spytech Employee

Supervisor
    Aug 27, 2007
    Sweden
    I'm afraid I'm not very familiar with 4G as personally I have no interest in using it, but I'd have to assume that the version sold in the UK would likely be the same version sold in most European countries.

Once the European versions are released though it should be possible to compare the frequency bands supported by the phone with the ones which are available in your country.

7. migles
    OP

Sep 19, 2013
    Saint Kitts and Nevis
    after a research, i had found the tv from my country can't be trusted at all, my confusion was because when 4g was to be released in my country the tv compared to US LTE and thats why i did get so much disinformation...

source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks

my country uses the same frequencies as almost every european country... the only diference is US and Japan uses some bands like 700mhz 1700mhz and 1900mhz etc and europe uses 800Mhz 1800Mhz 2600Mhz by standard...

sorry for the trouble and being dumb...

8. RomAnOCrY

RomAnOCrY GBAtemp Regular

Jan 2, 2011
    France