Best 4GB+ SD Card for Compatibility?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by Ronik, Nov 22, 2008.

1. Ronik
    OP

Ronik Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2008
    Canada
    Hi there. I'm trying to upgrade to a bigger card, but I want to be assured that everything will work. Currently I have a 2gb Kingston card from Japan in my AK2. I know a lot of cards specifically have problems with the first TWEWY (The World Ends With You) cutscene, and general problems all around Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin. Since after half an hour or so of searching, I can't find anything that will for sure work with both, I figured I'd ask here. I was currently looking at the 4gb Transcend and A-Data class 6 cards, but I keep seeing almost conflicting reports about their quality. Specifically I've heard there are some bad menu slowdowns with the 4gb A-Data card. Note, the best place I can find is newegg.ca, and anything above 4gb jumps $20 in price, so if you have any recommendations there as well, that'd be nice. I am a Canada shopper as you might guess.

So... Any suggestions?

2. PettingZoo

PettingZoo yesss

Oct 5, 2008
    in the trap
    Hmm maybe a class 4 or 6 maybe a 2 Sandisk 4gb SDHC?

3. Ronik
    OP

Ronik Member

Newcomer
    Oct 2, 2008
    Canada
    I'm a little bit wary of using a class 2 card. It could work fine, but I don't know... Also, the only sandisk card I can find is either an 8gb class 2 from DealExtreme, or a 4gb from a place or two I'd be wary about ordering from.

Edit: I found out the 4gb is class 2, as well.

4. VatoLoco

VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

Jan 29, 2008
    United States
    Ya Cant Get There From Here
    I use and recommend the A-data 4gig class6...it works great. [​IMG]

5. logical thinker

logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2008
    I use a Kingston 4GB class4, but I recommend the A-data 4GB class6. It's faster.

6. Seven

Seven oh hell no

Jun 22, 2007
    United States
    Kingston class 4+, Sandisk Class 4+. I wouldn't use anything else. Maybe A-DATA, but sometimes that's a hit-and-miss for some people. DOAs occasionally.

7. DaMummy

DaMummy GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 22, 2007
    United States
    Cleveland
    i use a data 6 class 4gb, formatted with panasonic formatter(very important)

8. logical thinker

logical thinker GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2008
    Agreed.