Gaming Best 3D effect so far?

aszu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I am wondering, what game/image/moment on 3DS impressed you the most in terms of 3D effect?

Currently, I do not own any game (lol!), but so far I have been most surprised with... "Activity Log" animation in main menu
laugh.gif

You know, the one with flying crayons. With 3D set to maximum these crayons literally pop out of screen - pretty cool and quite unexpected as it seems that 3D effect is mostly used to provide sense of depth only.

Any other recommendations?
smile.gif

linuxGuru

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On super street fighter 4 there is a guy that slams people on the ground, and their legs stick out of the screen. That's one of the coolest that I've seen.

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
i have a few photos i've taken that really pop out off the screen. it looks like you could touch or pick up the thing in the photo. the real problem here is that the 3d "focus" adjustment is to the extreme and it takes most people a minute or two to relax their eyes so that they see the 3d and not two images.

anyways, i'll just say that the 3d camera provides the best 3d for me but you have to stage your shots and play with the focus adjustment after viewing the image.

-another world

shadowgauge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From all the games i played i would say rayman has the best 3d effect,the swimming, riding and flying are all awesome,objects fly off the screen.
yaynds.gif

CherrySkitty

Trophies
XP
Country
shadowgauge said:
From all the games i played i would say rayman has the best 3d effect,the swimming, riding and flying are all awesome,objects fly off the screen.
yaynds.gif

And the improved sense of depth! =3
Useful and pretty at the same time =D

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
When leaves/confetti/car parts fly at you in Ridge Racer 3D.
In fact, the first time you have confetti thrown at you was the "OMG" moment for me.

TheWon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Street fighter! Play on the construction level with Fei Long and Hakan. It looks better than the HD version at 1080p.

Nollog

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've played pilotwings, sf4 and shadow wars.
The best 3D effect to me is in shadow wars, but only the cutscenes. It's pretty pointless in game. Also the cutscenes are pre-rendered so the slider does naught.
SF4 is the best 3D effect in-game though. Some really nice effects.
Pilotwings is mostly depth and I find it hard to take it all in since you're looking at a huge landscape the whole time.

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best 3D effects I've seen on the 3DS so far are pics I downloaded from this forum. ThE MaSTeR 3 supplied us with beautiful 3D images from the movie Sammy's Adventure, in which the snake picture is among the best "pop-out" 3D I've seen. Eighteen also gave us awesome pics of GC/Wii games, in which I found the Starfox pics to be especially 3D. My problem with viewing these amazing pics, is that my 3DS games seem "less 3D" immediately after viewing the photos.

As for games, I think Rayman has the best "pop-out" 3D, Pilotwings has the best use of spacial-relationship, Ridge Racer is the most intense (the only game I have to move the depth slider down), SFIV has amazing depth, Lego SW has great backgrounds that really pop, and Nintendogs has a sense of realism by making your dog feel like a real object.

spiritofcat

Trophies
XP
Country
A really nice 3D moment I've noticed is when playing Samurai Warriors: Chronicles. When you complete a stage with Kotaro Fuma his little victory dance ends up with one of his hands sticking out of the screen straight towards you.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Definitely Pilotwings Resort. It has the strongest 3D effect by far.

I can play on full 3D on every game except that game. It will make your eyes explode. It actually contributes to the gameplay too.

Street Fighter is "cardboard-ish", and Rayman is alright. Both games had the 3D feature added after the game was made, so it isn't as good.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think the best looking effect so far is simply the suspended data screen - when you press the Home button during any game, and you place either Activity Log or Face Raiders over it. On Full 3D, it looks beyond amazing -it looks like something you'd see in the movies. Really cool.

Street Fighter has this "fighting in a box" feeling, which I thought was really cool. People say there's a framerate drop when it's on, but I haven't noticed it yet.

Dylan

100 MILES AND RUNNIN'
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
I've only played samurai warriors at the moment which didn't impress me a whole lot but when I unlocked the zelda puzzle in the Mii Plaza, the 3D animation of it blew me away. When his sword strikes and the sparks fly is amazing

SirAileron

Seeker of Truths
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you complete the images in the Mii Plaza, you actually get pretty good 3D demos there. I'm really digging the Twilight Princess one, as the twilight particles really pop out at you, and rotating the camera is satisfying.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windaga said:
I think the best looking effect so far is simply the suspended data screen - when you press the Home button during any game, and you place either Activity Log or Face Raiders over it. On Full 3D, it looks beyond amazing -it looks like something you'd see in the movies. Really cool.

Street Fighter has this "fighting in a box" feeling, which I thought was really cool. People say there's a framerate drop when it's on, but I haven't noticed it yet.
When its in 3D itllrun 30fps when its not itll run 60 fps. You will not notice it if you just turn off the slider, you must go to options and choose to turn off the 3D and the 3d slider will turn useless and your game will run the smooth 60 fps. Online is still locked at 30fps though, i assume so everyone stays synced.

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
Windaga said:

When its in 3D itllrun 30fps when its not itll run 60 fps. You will not notice it if you just turn off the slider, you must go to options and choose to turn off the 3D and the 3d slider will turn useless and your game will run the smooth 60 fps. Online is still locked at 30fps though, i assume so everyone stays synced.

Ah, thanks. I didn't know that.

So, after doing it.

HOLY CRAP. The difference is freaking massive - I didn't know the game ran this fast - and I've been playing the PS3 version 0 o.

However, it's not as if the 3D in this game is actually crippling - the game runs very well in 3D - no framerate drops during gameplay or anything. So I'm glad that this is included. When everyone was saying the game drops to 30 fps, I thought they meant it was a sudden thing, and I was worried. But it's excellent like this. As long as future games use this kind of 3D on and off, I don't think we'll run into any frame rate issues. Awesome.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The thing about rayman, I heard the game was fun and 3D was great(used very effectively), but it also a too quick port to me. If it was just a better port.
dry.gif

So I'm just going to get it cheaper used.

As a game I seen, PilotWings has pretty good depth.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.