Hacking Benefit from Mewtwo DLC on retail cart

Leslie White

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi everyone,

I own an EU N3DSXL and a Gateway cart. I often play Smash Bros 3DS. Two weeks ago, thanks to the CIA, I installed the Mewtwo DLC.

I was wondering if there were any way to enjoy the Mewtwo character on a retail cart ? (without paying for it).

I mean, if I inject my Gateway save (where Mewtwo is unlocked) on a retail cart, will Mewtwo be unlocked on the cart ?

That way, my friends could enjoy this great character as well :)

I can't try this at the moment, cause I don't own a cubic ninja cart to do the operation with the NTR plugin, but your answers would be really appreciated.

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DLC can only be used on the Nintendo Network ID that is linked to it. Your friends can't use it unless they buy it or have a gateway
Also, DLC is not written to the retail cart, it is written to your 3DS' SD Card

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Okay, I knew it was a long shot, but thanks for the answer.
If you can find someone willing to upload their title.db with the DLC purchased with rxtools and inject it into your own nand i think it might work, otherwise your out of luck.

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
If you can find someone willing to upload their title.db with the DLC purchased with rxtools and inject it into your own nand i think it might work, otherwise your out of luck.

i think you mean ticket.db, which is signed for your console, not to mention the individual tickets are also signed to your console.
it won't work :)

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
i think you mean ticket.db, which is signed for your console, not to mention the individual tickets are also signed to your console.
it won't work :)
Ahh yeah thats what i meant my bad, i did say it "might" work but i guess there is no way to load a dlc on a retail cart without buying it then :P

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you install DLC as a .cia does it get erased if you go into the eshop? I know that game updates will be erased. I ask because I installed the Smash Bros DLC and update as a .cia. When I updated my emunand and connected to the eshop my update was erased but I still had mewtwo. Is the DLC part of the save file or is it something else? I thought it was strange that the DLC .cia was only 2MB. I don't think that is large enough for all of the character data but I could be wrong.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If you install DLC as a .cia does it get erased if you go into the eshop? I know that game updates will be erased. I ask because I installed the Smash Bros DLC and update as a .cia. When I updated my emunand and connected to the eshop my update was erased but I still had mewtwo. Is the DLC part of the save file or is it something else? I thought it was strange that the DLC .cia was only 2MB. I don't think that is large enough for all of the character data but I could be wrong.
Interesting, maybe i should test this then.. the new 1.0.6 update was released on the 15th of april, the same time the dlc codes were given out if im not mistaken so maybe the dlc just activates mewtwo through the update patch perhaps? it kinda makes sense if both the save file and the update has the character coded in there somewhere, MH4 works somewhat similar as well as i can install the .cia patch into sysnand and it doesn't even ask me to update and lets me play online with no problems.

Edit: Don't know why it worked for you but it seems to be gone after installing the dlc and restoring a nand backup made just before the installation, perhaps for some reason the eshop registered it as a valid dlc on your 3ds.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, maybe i should test this then.. the new 1.0.6 update was released on the 15th of april, the same time the dlc codes were given out if im not mistaken so maybe the dlc just activates mewtwo through the update patch perhaps? it kinda makes sense if both the save file and the update has the character coded in there somewhere, MH4 works somewhat similar as well as i can install the .cia patch into sysnand and it doesn't even ask me to update and lets me play online with no problems.

Edit: Don't know why it worked for you but it seems to be gone after installing the dlc and restoring a nand backup made just before the installation, perhaps for some reason the eshop registered it as a valid dlc on your 3ds.
I did update through eshop again before I tried to play the game. Maybe that is why I still have mewtwo.

Bu2d85

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So here's exactly what I did if someone wants to try.

Had emunand 9.4, installed Smash Bros cia, installed update cia. Played online, installed dlc cia, played online. Updated to emunand 9.7. Updated all games legitimately through eshop. Played smash, mewtwo was still there, played online, ???, profit.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo