Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That's strange. I never knew "the best ever" included:
randomly cancelling tourists' visas because they can be terrorists,
firing innocent Tibetan-blood people in Beijing just because they're of Tibetan origin,
and yet father of the American Volleyball coach murdered by Chinese,
hosting Government spying on foreigners' activities involving internet access,
causing temporary drought in other areas by artificially making it rain in Beijing to clear out air,
bombs going off in places,
all on or before the second day.

I know there are Olympics threads, but I didn't wanna bring the dark side to people who are enjoying the light side.
The best thing that Olympics brought me so far is a witty commercial from Coka Cola. And possibly a cup featuring Huanhuan from McDonalds.

deathfisaro

Narcistic Deathfisaro Fan
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Nope. I guess the media thinks focusing on actual competetion suits the spirits of Olympics and does them more good. Well at least journalists currently in China can't write anything negative as the Chinese government is monitoring everything.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
From what my Socials teacher told me, there have always been some sort of conflict before, and during the Olympics. Therefore, I'd say something like that is to be expected.

The Teej

Also known as The Tjalian
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
zeldapower.com
XP
Country
Rofl, it's been like this for decades (if not centuries), but because China is hosting the Olympics only now is everybody all up in arms about it
rolleyes.gif
Want to talk about what WAS the best so far? The opening ceremony. Fuck me, that show was absolutely phenomenal, you won't see a show on that scale very often. China turned up the volume to 11 on that one.

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's not just because China is hosting it. It's because previously only a few of such issues were caught on my radar. (Like atheletes getting hurt for political reasons and stuff)

Not too long ago a Canadian model got murdered in China (don't remember whether it was in Beijing). Their police caught and arrested the killer in a surprisingly short time. I find that fishy and such. And didn't take long before I spotted other fishy things.

And I find it unwelcoming that the country hosting an international event is showing unnecessary racism in the name of security.

Protesting in Beijing is plain stupid IMO, but is peaceful protest something that threatens national security and just arresting for?

deathfisaro

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I found an interesting article.
http://www.canada.com/vancouversun/news/st...f6-01591d35588c

Opening ceremony fireworks pre-recorded and digitally inserted to the telecast,

Filling empty seats with fake fans to create an illusion that every event is a full house,

The girl in the red dress was lip-syncing; the original singer was rejected because she wasn't pretty.

Watching the competetions is exciting, on the other hand some dirty secrets (some of them aren't secrets anymore, but if there are this many in a couple days that's just the tip of an iceburg) are something else.

Makes me thinks it's no wonder the opening ceremony blew TT's mind - fireworks CG.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf