Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
What, insulting remakes now?
If you could call a minor facelift a "remake", sure. My point was, if people are so impatient for Majora, they should play the game on platforms on which it's readily available. You can literally grab it right now and play it on your Wii/Wii U/GC/N64 or, if you must, PC or a smartphone via emulation. There's just no shortage of Majora's Mask, that's what I'm saying.

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you could call a minor facelift a "remake", sure. My point was, if people are so impatient for Majora, they should play the game on platforms on which it's readily available. You can literally grab it right now and play it on your Wii/Wii U/GC/N64 or, if you must, PC or a smartphone via emulation. There's just no shortage of Majora's Mask, that's what I'm saying.

for being a gbatemp reporter, you're sure a debbie downer =P

Reactions: gamesquest1

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
the temp doesnt care anymore. hell we have open piracy discussions about gateway now.
edit: (or maybe I was thinking of that IRC chat...hmm)
I'm assuming it's for comedic purposes since it's begging for a ROM dump of a game that isn't even out yet. :P
for being a gbatemp reporter, you're sure a debbie downer =P
Debbie Downer? I'm telling people to play the game! :rofl2:

Reactions: blinkzane

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm assuming it's for comedic purposes since it's begging for a ROM dump of a game that isn't even out yet. :P
tis true, I'm pretty sure I posted this is the wrong section also but you DO need a flashcart to run roms so....
I know lol, I couldn't think of what to say and that was the first thing that came to mind ;)

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
tis true, I'm pretty sure I posted this is the wrong section also but you DO need a flashcart to run roms so....

I know lol, I couldn't think of what to say and that was the first thing that came to mind ;)
pretty sure rom begging isnt allowed anywhere on gbatemp.......might be on the thing grey line between asking for actual links and just saying i hope its dumped :huh:

i think maybe foxi is just being a buzz kill....people want the new version, simple as that XD

blinkzane

Panic at your moms house
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pretty sure rom begging isnt allowed anywhere on gbatemp.......might be on the thing grey line between asking for actual links and just saying i hope its dumped :huh:

i think maybe foxi is just being a buzz kill....people want the new version, simple as that XD

lol yeah. my point was to be like "hey people have this, lets see who we can get to dump it for "testing" purposes...to see if it will work on gateway....etc..."ya know what i mean? lolol

edit: updated first post. haha

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes true but a lot of updates to it a few new things and a lot of stuff moved the game was remade meaning that is not 100% the same. like A Link Between Worlds was a remake of link to the past but re-done. they have gameplay of majoras mask 3d on Youtube.

wtf....it is not a remake. different story.

tony_2018

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes true but a lot of updates to it a few new things and a lot of stuff moved the game was remade meaning that is not 100% the same. like A Link Between Worlds was a remake of link to the past but re-done. they have gameplay of majoras mask 3d on Youtube.

wtf....it is not a remake. different story.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A Link Between Worlds indeed was not a remake, it was a sequel to A Link to the Past. Now, if you took ALBW's engine and remade ALTTP in it, that would be a remake worth my attention. This? Modest graphics upgrade and practically the same game - the worst kind of a remake. If it plays the same and looks nearly identical, just call it an HD port, that way we know you're being lazy, Nintendo. ;)

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Link Between Worlds indeed was not a remake, it was a sequel to A Link to the Past. Now, if you took ALBW's engine and remade ALTTP in it, that would be a remake worth my attention. This? Modest graphics upgrade and practically the same game - the worst kind of a remake. If it plays the same and looks nearly identical, just call it an HD port, that way we know you're being lazy, Nintendo. ;)

Oh, no no no nono! SexyFoxi, Majora's Mask is fantastic! It's very much unlike heading back to the n64 and playing that version! It's hard enough to go back to OoT after playing the upgraded, portable one on the 3DS ;)

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Fans want Majora's Mask for the 3DS. Nintendo gives it to them. Nintendo is being lazy. Flawless logic gg.

Reactions: Nightwish and 2Hack

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Fans want Majora's Mask for the 3DS. Nintendo gives it to them. Nintendo is being lazy. Flawless logic gg.
I most certainly didn't want this - I don't have the habit of eating decade old burgers and claiming that they're fresh and worth full price. What I want are proper remakes that modernize games and improve them, taking full advantage of the years of game dev history that followed since the originals were released. Think MGS: Twin Snakes.
Oh, no no no nono! SexyFoxi, Majora's Mask is fantastic! It's very much unlike heading back to the n64 and playing that version! It's hard enough to go back to OoT after playing the upgraded, portable one on the 3DS ;)
Don't worry, I think OoT 3D was worthless too. ;)

Reactions: tony_2018

sparky28000

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I most certainly didn't want this - I don't have the habit of eating decade old burgers and claiming that they're fresh and worth full price. What I want are proper remakes that modernize games and improve them, taking full advantage of the years of game dev history that followed since the originals were released. Think MGS: Twin Snakes.
Don't worry, I think OoT 3D was worthless too. ;)

It doesn't really matter anyways. If the people who want the game to exist and want to buy the game are happy with it. Then it is a job well done and the game has a purpose to exist. I for one will most likely be enjoying the game revamped on a handheld and that's all that matters (people enjoying the game).

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It doesn't really matter anyways. If the people who want the game to exist and want to buy the game are happy with it. Then it is a job well done and the game has a purpose to exist. I for one will most likely be enjoying the game revamped on a handheld.
What I'm saying is that it could've been much better and, in my opinion, it isn't worth the asking price in its current form. I'm not pissing in people's cornflakes - if you guys like the game as it is, it's your prerogative, as it is mine to criticize what I think isn't up to par. :D

Reactions: tony_2018

Jackall4BDN

Haunter of Daydreams and Nightmares
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Nope, you are telling people to play a !relatively to the latter! shitty base for a remake that tells the same, for most fans still enjoyable story and gameplay in a graphically drastically-improved manner.
Remakes -as in the sense of the word- are a good thing if they are remade well *Cough* F*ck New-Play-Control for Wii *Cough*, and in this case it is, as it has nicer gfx, improved gameplay and slight additional content, plus being !officially! portable

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Maybe a ghost writer?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Oh my God the graphics are so realistic looking." Lol of course it was the shiznit back then tho.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've never stood in line overnight or for hours, to buy anything. I can just wait and buy it later.
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I have never done that either.
    closest ive done is getting to target a couple hours early in the moring to get some amiibos.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Im back
    But that topic makes me sad. :(
    Abusive narcissistic ex shame guilted me into selling them becasue my gaming and interests were childish like a little kid collecting toys. :(
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust...