Hacking Been away and amazed at the advances made, can someone advise me the n

ricflairandy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all, been away for a while so missed the advancement of usb loaders and the like. That along with bootmii , preloader, etc.

My wii setup is currently

Jap wii baught in xmas 2007
d2ckey chip
3.2u (changed region with anyregionchanger from jap 3.1 to usa 3.2).
Starfall installed with skip update, any region and skip boot screen
Homebrew channel installed

Thats pretty much it, in the past ive used gekko to boot games that dont boot and not messed with cios files or the like.

Im guessing the steps should be install bootmii - install preloader - install one of the many usb loaders.

Is there anything im missing? Ive formatted my 80gb usb harddisk (yes, small i know) with the wbfs filesystem,

thanks

joshed

Trophies
Website
www.scened.info
XP
Country
United States
sounds like a good order to try things, backup your NAND once you install bootmii to boot2 and you're covered

heres a few tips:
1. before you make a NAND backup with bootmii, backup your SD card is it will most likely be reformatted
2. after you make a NAND backup with bootmii, make sure to back up that nand.bin from your sd card to a safe location for future NAND recovery.
3. proceed with hacking!

kedest

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
ricflairandy said:
thanks , i take it once the nand is backed up, and bootmii is installed im pretty much safe to try anything with it?

yes. with bootmii (installed as boot2), you can recover from even the worst brick

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: hello