Homebrew Suggestion Be patient with "Homebrew"

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, got a little somethin' that I want to share with y'all....

I noticed that a lot of people are getting a bit antsy and just can't wait to have "Homebrew" on their Nintendo Switch systems, well have I got some bad news for you guys. Ya gotta realize that realisticly speaking, "Homebrew" is not gonna come for a couple of more years. I know I might sound like Nintendo telling you to give up, but no, you just gotta be patient is all. Try to remember that both the Vita and 3DS also takes a couple of years before finally people can put stuff they made into it.

Why I think that this device is the same is that enabling or adding "Homebrew" into the Switch is basically illegal since we, the people, are tampering with the device and making it do stuff that it shouldn't be able to do in the first place, "cough" piracy "cough". But, that doesn't mean you should give up, cos' while it takes a long time doesn't mean that it wont happen. But my guess, it'll probably be open or "cracked" in a couple of years in the future (my guess would probably after/at update 5.0.0 or 6.0.0).It is possible, again don't forget that the Vita shipped with fw 1.03 and it got "cracked" with HenKaKu at fw 3.60, while the 3DS shipped with fw 1.0.0.0 and its open between fw 9.0/10.0/11.0 (but again staying on low helps).

Also in case you still want to wander the web in search of progress don't bother, because those trying to unlock the switch will likely try to keep their progress hidden, atleast until they have something. This is so Nintendo can't make more patches or updates that'll hinder their progress (duh).

So there you have it, those are my thoughts on the Switch's current hacking scene. I researched some of the statements above, but if I miss or got anything wrong please tell, don't yell, please.Thank You...

PS : Sorry I accidentally posted this as a question instead of a suggestion, if anybody know how to change it please give a holler...

Last edited by ANOUNYMOSGAMER,

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I've only been interested to Homebrew since it allow me to emulate consoles like PS1, GBA, etc.
So yeah, update or not is up to you but personally I bought the switch just for BoTW, and now outta nowhere they announced DOOM and The New Colossus will be in it. So thats an update for me.

Reactions: zeveroth and elm

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm pretty sure thats Homebrews will come in a few months.
On the other hand, there is no reason or any kind of homebrew i would be interested in to wait for. Update it is
ppsspp with upscaled textures, windows 10, Citra, dolphin, ds emulators just to name some thing off the top of my head.

RandomUser

Rosalina in Plush Form
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey folks, got a little somethin' that I want to share with y'all....

I noticed that a lot of people are getting a bit antsy and just can't wait to have "Homebrew" on their Nintendo Switch systems, well have I got some bad news for you guys. Ya gotta realize that realisticly speaking, "Homebrew" is not gonna come for a couple of more years. I know I might sound like Nintendo telling you to give up, but no, you just gotta be patient is all. Try to remember that both the Vita and 3DS also takes a couple of years before finally people can put stuff they made into it.

Why I think that this device is the same is that enabling or adding "Homebrew" into the Switch is basically illegal since we, the people, are tampering with the device and making it do stuff that it shouldn't be able to do in the first place, "cough" piracy "cough". But, that doesn't mean you should give up, cos' while it takes a long time doesn't mean that it wont happen. But my guess, it'll probably be open or "cracked" in a couple of years in the future (my guess would probably after/at update 5.0.0 or 6.0.0).It is possible, again don't forget that the Vita shipped with fw 1.03 and it got "cracked" with HenKaKu at fw 3.60, while the 3DS shipped with fw 1.0.0.0 and its open between fw 9.0/10.0/11.0 (but again staying on low helps).

Also in case you still want to wander the web in search of progress don't bother, because those trying to unlock the switch will likely try to keep their progress hidden, atleast until they have something. This is so Nintendo can't make more patches or updates that'll hinder their progress (duh).

So there you have it, those are my thoughts on the Switch's current hacking scene. I researched some of the statements above, but if I miss or got anything wrong please tell, don't yell, please.Thank You...

PS : Sorry I accidentally posted this as a question instead of a suggestion, if anybody know how to change it please give a holler...
You have forgotten about fw 4.5 when MSET was a thing.

DarkOrb

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ya gotta realize that realisticly speaking, "Homebrew" is not gonna come for a couple of more years.

Wrong! We're pretty close actually, it's just a matter of months.

enabling or adding "Homebrew" into the Switch is basically illegal since we, the people, are tampering with the device and making it do stuff that it shouldn't be able to do in the first place, "cough" piracy "cough".

Wrong again! Homebrew isn't illegal at all, piracy is!

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Devs share their results in the public ReSwitched Discord constantly. Yeah, there might be devs working in private teams, but it seems the Rewitched team might be the first one having Homebrew running on actual Switch hardware publicly.

Last edited by DarkOrb,

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ppsspp with upscaled textures, windows 10, Citra, dolphin, ds emulators just to name some thing off the top of my head.
I'm pretty sure he means the Homebrew that will be on the Switch, but nice pointing those out.
Also I didn't know if Citra is playable, the last I check was way back when....

ANOUNYMOSGAMER

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wrong! We're pretty close actually, it's just a matter of months.

Wrong again! Homebrew isn't illegal at all, piracy is!

Wrong, wrong, wrong!!! Devs share their results in the public ReSwitched Discord constantly. Yeah, there might be devs working in private teams, but it seems the Rewitched team might be the first one having Homebrew running on actual Switch hardware.
Whoa slow down man...
okay maybe Homebrew might not be illegal, but not a lot people can agree, theres even a group of people that think that basically doing anything to a console is considered wrong. I am not against homebrew, I'm just saying not everyone thinks that way. Also I don't know when homebrew will finally be on the Switch, if you say its just a matter of months then could you add some proof (cos' I'm kinda curious of the progress too).

DarkIrata

Trophies
Website
ipmix.de
XP
Country
Germany
Sooo again, emulators. A valid point but not THAT killer argument which makes homebrews more interesting for me. For me a VC port would be enough. Oh and no, trust me. No Windows 10. Maybe Windows 98 but not Windows 10.

There will be no Windows 10 on ARM devices!
Yes there will. Check Windows 10 on Snapdragon.

D

Deleted User

the 3DS shipped with fw 1.0.0.0 and its open between fw 9.0/10.0/11.0

Nope . The 3DS was hacked on fw 4.5 (MSET Exploit)

Reactions: KiiWii

MeowMeowMeow

S̈͊ͣ̎̍͋͟eͩ͊ͨ̂ͫ̐ͬ͟n̆ͨp͒ͪ̿̔aͤͬ̄ͩͨ͗̔iͧ̽ͤ
Trophies
D̀͌̀e̵ͧk̷u̾̂ͨ͗̾͊̚ ͥ̈ͤ̎̒̓T͊ͬ͜rͨ̌̔͂́e͂̌ͩͦ̃͜eͬͪ̄͝
XP
Country
Netherlands
Whoa slow down man...
okay maybe Homebrew might not be illegal, but not a lot people can agree, theres even a group of people that think that basically doing anything to a console is considered wrong. I am not against homebrew, I'm just saying not everyone thinks that way. Also I don't know when homebrew will finally be on the Switch, if you say its just a matter of months then could you add some proof (cos' I'm kinda curious of the progress too).
kexploit

D

Deleted User

windows 10
Call it a hunch, but I don't think Windows 10 is getting ported to the Switch as a homebrew application.

Also, keep in mind how much work it would take to build a good-enough C library for using the System API (a necessity for making most homebrew applications), which will probably involve loads of REing.

Last edited by ,

Meriadoc

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Homebrew for me in a few months. Piracy in at least 2 years (I hope the latest possible )

Inviato dal mio A0001 utilizzando Tapatalk

Notnagel

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
onlyfuchs.rf.gd
XP
Country
Germany
I don't even care about Piracy. I just want my Debian running on the Switch. When the Time is right, I even will look into the Patches needed.. but in the Meantime... Let's enjoy the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I only show the mirror to people and you all can't stand what you're seeing
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    bunch of bullies
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'