Gaming BBS patch is coming !

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off, I have no idea wat to do with BBS1 BBS2 and BBS3.DAT, I placed them in the root of my memory stick, and now I have no idea what to do (didnt understand the instructions, too retarded lol)

meowzking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
Okay, I get this thing working on my first try with little effort. Who else needs help with patching the game?
I do add me on msn or here u want me to explain Im stuck on step 3
wtf.gif

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes it does. I've tested it.

At step 3, you need to extract the plugins from the "release.rar" folder, and install them into game.txt like you would any other plugin.

Then you need to extract the EBOOT.BIN from the ISO using WinRAR or something like UMDGen 4.00. It is located in "PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\". Once you have that, decrypt it using PRXDecrypter 2.4 or higher, and then open it with a hex editor and modify these values at these offsets:

00322629: 79 -> 4F
00322705: 79 -> 5A
00366164: 04 -> 40

Then save and reinsert it into the ISO (or rebuild it).

If the hex editing is too confusing, you can PM me and I can give it to you, as long as it doesn't violate the rules.

meowzking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:

At step 3, you need to extract the plugins from the "release.rar" folder, and install them into game.txt like you would any other plugin.

Then you need to extract the EBOOT.BIN from the ISO using WinRAR or something like UMDGen 4.00. It is located in "PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\". Once you have that, decrypt it using PRXDecrypter 2.4 or higher, and then open it with a hex editor and modify these values at these offsets:

If the hex editing is too confusing, you can PM me and I can give it to you, as long as it doesn't violate the rules.
and umm how exactly do i use PrxDecrypter? and so far im getting this in my head get the eboot.bin from kh:bbs put it into psp_game/sysdir/

Mikehoncho16

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:

I have absolutely no idea how to do that, Im fairly new to the whole ISO hacking scene...

meowzking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:
Link to PRXDecrypter.

Refer to the readme on how to use. It's not hard.
I pmed u on ur offer
biggrin.gif

Mikehoncho16 said:
QUOTE(demonicstrife @ May 13 2010, 01:03 AM) Yes it does. I've tested it.

I have absolutely no idea how to do that, Im fairly new to the whole ISO hacking scene...
Me aswell

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah. Alright then Mike. I'm about to teach you how to install plugins, which are the best things to ever grace Custom Firmware. They vastly extend the functionality of the PSP to being more than just a PSP, of course.

On the root of your memory stick, there should be a folder called "seplugins". If not, make one. Obviously enough, this is where you'll keep your plugins. Though they don't have to be in there, it's best to keep them there in most cases, as it helps keep things organized.

Inside, there should be 3 text files: game.txt, pops.txt, and vsh.txt.

Game is for the plugins you want running while playing PSP games. Pops is for plugins you want running while playing PS1 games. and VSH is for plugins on the XMB. And entries for the plugins need to be added to these files for them to function. As an example:

ms0:/seplugins/plugin.prx 1 1 means it's turned on. 0 means it's deactivated.

For you, you'll just need to drag and drop everything in the "release.rar" onto the root of the memorystick, as the entries for the plugins are entered already. Do that, and your problem at that point is solved.

MZ EXE.

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The only problem I keep running into is PRXDecrypter 2.4 keeps failing on me.

QUOTE said:
PRXdecrypter 2.4b started, found ms0:/enc/ folder
Logging started at ms0:/enc/log.txt...

Successfully loaded PRXdecrypter02g module

RLZ decompression available
KL3E decompression available
KL4E decompression available

* Going to main menu...
Decrypting files...

* EBOOT.BIN -> failed (unk. tag 0xD91612F0).

Finished.

* Going to main menu...

I tried looking up the offsets on the eboot.bin via a hex editor but they aren't there.

meowzking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
demonicstrife said:

yea umm...its to hard for me Just pm me ur whole folder just incase i f'ed anything up if u whouldnt mind
biggrin.gif

BasedKiliK

Salt of the Earth~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MZ EXE. said:
The only problem I keep running into is PRXDecrypter 2.4 keeps failing on me.

QUOTE said:
PRXdecrypter 2.4b started, found ms0:/enc/ folder
Logging started at ms0:/enc/log.txt...

Successfully loaded PRXdecrypter02g module

RLZ decompression available
KL3E decompression available
KL4E decompression available

* Going to main menu...
Decrypting files...

* EBOOT.BIN -> failed (unk. tag 0xD91612F0).

Finished.

* Going to main menu...

I tried looking up the offsets on the eboot.bin via a hex editor but they aren't there.
Because it's not decrypted first. For some reason yours failed. Did you grab the right EBOOT.BIN? It should be the one in "PSP_GAME\SYSDIR\" If you still have problems, I can send you mine, already hexedited.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Screw living in my mom's basement you picked my attic