Battlefront Early Access Beta

Discussion in 'PS4 - Games & Content' started by tipsytoto, Oct 7, 2015.

1. tipsytoto
    OP

tipsytoto GBAtemp Regular

Nov 8, 2011
    United States
    I'm dying to play this game. Anyone playing the beta right now? How is it? I remember bf2 from way back so I'm expecting great things.

PS: If anyone has a spare beta key for any US system/pc shoot one my way plz~

2. T-hug

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    I played it a bit last night but didn't think much of it. It looks pretty I'll give it that but I found it a bit boring.

shaunj66 likes this.
  3. 3DSXLGamer

3DSXLGamer GBAtemp Regular

May 16, 2013
    Canada
    Animal Forest
    Yeah, saw people playing it at fanexpo and looked boring. Still downloaded it to give it a shot tho its making me update my graphic drivers. :angry:

4. laudern

laudern GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 14, 2010
    Australia
    Queensland, Australia
    I've been playing it today and it is pretty good. I find it hard to locate vehicle pick ups.

Plus it is an open beta. I didn't think you needed a beta key. I know I didn't. But I have already preordered the game.

5. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    This.

They've nailed the visuals and audio, it's incredibly Star Wars. But from what I played the gameplay was very repetitive and uninspired.

6. Vanth88

Vanth88 Private

Oct 1, 2007
    United States
    Florida
    The audio and visuals are the best in the "Battlefront" series but apart from that I realized they removed so much that its virtually a shell of it's past games. So much that made the series unique is now gone.

In fact after writing a list I realized there's nothing there that resembles any of the past games. It's still really fun and I highly recommend anyone play the beta but if you're looking for a sequel to Battlefront 2 welllllllllllllll........ yeah this isn't it. Other than that I don't think there's going to be much content to warrant a $60 price tag at launch. I could be wrong though but I suspect I'm not.

The beta is free for everyone. I played on the PC and it runs really well but not nearly as well as the PS4 version. The game plays at 1080p60fps, it's super smooth. Really pretty.

Last edited by Vanth88, Oct 9, 2015