OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that a nopass device seems to use up my battery much quicker than if I took out the nopass device.(Reason why I had my DS flashed) My question is if I stick in regular DS card, will the battery drain like the nopass device?

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I have noticed that a nopass device seems to use up my battery much quicker than if I took out the nopass device.(Reason why I had my DS flashed) My question is if I stick in regular DS card, will the battery drain like the nopass device?
Which nopass device do you use? And how bad is the problem - is it more than the 20 minutes Opium mentions?

Tir

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
If you use say a passcard 3 in a flashed DS so sleep mode will work, will battery drain be the same as having a normal DS cart in it? Will battery life be any longer with no cart at all?

MrSpam

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well right now, I seem to notice that my battery drains the quickest with Passcard 3, moderately with a commercial game cartidge, and the slowest without anything in the DS slot. I'll time this whenever I get a chance to, but with moderate playing throughout the day, I saw that the passcard lasts about 5 hours, while a regular cartridge lasted me a day ~8 hours

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
I saw that the passcard lasts about 5 hours, while a regular cartridge lasted me a day ~8 hours
Blimey, that's a big difference. What were the games you played with the regular cartridge and the one via the Passcard? It might be that some games drain the battery quicker than others. To do a proper test you would have to play the same game via both methods.

jchen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so can you remove a passcard 3 after booting a flashcart (g6l)?
what difference does it make and can you put in a real game to fill the slot while the flash cart is still on?

digimax

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can remove the passcard once the DS loads the G6 lite interface.

If you don't put in a card, sleep mode will not work. The screens/sound will rapidly switch between sleep and awake when you close the DS.

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
Looking at seven5's thread in the G6 section, http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=35133, he had severe battery drain while his DS was sleeping using a Passcard3 compared to a flashme and a retail game cart. Maybe he made a mistake but it looks pretty convincing to me.

Are some pass-devices better than others regarding battery drain? Maybe someone who has several (Qrayzie?) could do a comparison - charge up the DS, start a game, put it to sleep for a fixed number of hours, then see how much battery you have left at the end.

apelete

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
I also noticed a very fast drain using a PassCard 2 with my m3. It last about 5 to 7 hours while a commercial cartridge lasts several days...
I think the m3 alone lasts about 10 hours, so the pass definitely sucks the battery down
mad.gif

Deaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wonder what causes the passcards to drain more battery than a legit game card. The Passcard 2/3 supposedly have a real game inside.

Thorisoka

Trophies
Website
www.nintendojofr.com
XP
Country
France
afaik Passcard 2 has a real game inside, but Passcard 3 doesn't
It's not the card itself that drains battery, but using it while also using the GBA slot to run programs...

pelago

Trophies
XP
Country
It's not the card itself that drains battery, but using it while also using the GBA slot to run programs...
But what about the people that say sleep mode with a pass-device drains the battery much quicker than sleep mode with a real DS game, both cases using the same flash cart in the GBA slot? That seems to point to the pass-device causing battery drain.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: or well somewhat